PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a no no from what i hear (imbalanced the crank with clutch being on one side and nothing on other?)

going on a piranha 90 which what i hear is a YX, but could be lifan or jialing.

also, how strong are these semi auto clutches compared to a stock honda? do they have HD springs or more plates compared to the hondas?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
seeing as its a 90, it is prolly considered a HD clutch as in plates and springs, not the actual basket itself. If it was a stock xr50 basket it would be toast by now. Only way around this is get the billet basket that TB sells then you shouldnt have a problem That is if the cases are identical to a xr50 clutch cover, i personally do not know if the semi auto bikes with different looking clutch covers use the same basket or not.

·
Banned
1 Posts
The "imbalance theory" is nonsense. Flywheel on one side, clutch and the rest of the world on the other;) RPM is why the inner rotors are iffy. Stock CDI's don't have a rev limiter, but do drop the timing off enough they quit revving at a point. I've got a vid some place of a basket explosion. Not pretty. J's right about the clutch being a little stouter than a stock 50. More like the 70 clutch.

Motor is YX, though they're all about the same. You can even swap on a Honda or copy cover to make it look less Chinese;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so a lighter flywheel might be a better choise than a irk? just trying to get it to rev more freely

1 - 5 of 5 Posts