PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of deciding wether or not to move to Utah(SLC)area. I am flying out 10th of june to pic up my 15 year old.I will be hanging out for a week or so.My question is what area's can I look for housing that wouldnt be to far for daily trips to Snowbird ?

I have an apartment in Taylorsville and can live there for awhile,but I cant stand that type of living.I need to be out in the country if possible,where I can have my own mini track,like I have here in NC.I have never been there so I dont even know if such a place exzist's.My wife has been flying out to see the boy,I never could get off work.Any other info you may have would be appreciated.

Thank you

Joshe Clark

[email protected]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not sure about the SLC area but up north, between farmington and ogden, you can find plenty of land like that. Not sure if you would like the drive though. Ogden is about a 45 min. from SLC and maybe a hour and half from snowbird.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet thanks,Know of any bike shops in the area that are or may be looking for help ?

I have a few places of interest to stop by.But the more the better I guess.Almost 20 years in the motorcycle service industry,factory trained(dont mean much).Thanks again for the help.I have a few pm's to send.

JC

·
Registered
9 Posts
PM me if ya need help or have questions, i'm in SLC and i know most of the dealers.

As far as housing it will be hard to find a place near snowbird and have enough land to make a track in your yard.

Nick

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flying out next sunday,got a ride set-up on tuesday(although I dont have a clue where were going or what im riding).A friend of my sons has some bikes and is brave enough to let me ride one,,,LOL.

Anymore info ????

·
Registered
489 Posts
Are you riding mini's? If you are Post up. When and where a few of us can meet up. If you are not riding mini's and you want to ride a mini let me know and I can bring one of mine for you to ride also. It would be a built klx 110. In the earlier post someone mentioned housing north of Salt Lake. It is a bit of a drive but they are puting in the metro rail that you would be able to drop your son off. He could eventually get to snowbird with the transit system if he is old enough to be by himself.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
minimxracer said:
Are you riding mini's? If you are Post up. When and where a few of us can meet up. If you are not riding mini's and you want to ride a mini let me know and I can bring one of mine for you to ride also. It would be a built klx 110. In the earlier post someone mentioned housing north of Salt Lake. It is a bit of a drive but they are puting in the metro rail that you would be able to drop your son off. He could eventually get to snowbird with the transit system if he is old enough to be by himself.

Im guessing big bikes,I dont have a clue at this point.My son will be 16 in a few months,but I dont want him to have to drive to far.He has to be in the snow and ready to ski @ 6am.If I get some more info on the ride I will post.Not sure how much time I will have though,I need to drop off a resume to all the M/C shops in the area and do some scouting around.

Thanks for the replys keepem coming....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.