PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
thanks man...Stock Kenda's Dom, and they are freakin rad in there. A kid had some t92's and they wouldn't hook up at all... My form was way bad last night cause I was fight my carb... I think the PWK is done, it hangs bad when you get off the gas and then developed a stutter, so it made being smooth throught corners impossible. I was able to keep that fire breathing 177 V2 and 165 V2 off me all night so I think I was doing something right... Not bad for a ported stock GPX 150 with PWK 28

Yes that is the XTR 250 Motard... Prety fun bike and the tires stick way nice too.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
magiksc said:
thanks man...Stock Kenda's Dom, and they are freakin rad in there. A kid had some t92's and they wouldn't hook up at all..

Gotta get some heat in those TT92s before they'll grab. Once you do, they should bite great. We do a 3 lap 'warmup' before racing to build heat at MIK, although on truly cold days even that isn't enough and you end up drifting a bit more than planned. Slow way through the turn, looks rad on camera though. : )

I want to get a set of Dunlop/Bridgeston/Sava rains to try on the cold concrete next, unless someone's already done so an cares to report their results?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
i had a blast, the most fun was working over the kid on the 150 with me just on a little pitbike lol

my bike could hang right with him on the straights and i would kill him everywhere else, it was a good night for sure cant wait untill the next one .

i rode the 250 also and it was a fun bike. i had to ride the wheels off it just to keep cris behind me when he was on LXR with my Built 177 v2 motor i put in it. after the nioght was done we clocked 60+miles on the 250, and my bike was so much fun for everyine else to ride it had to of gotten 80+ or so on it LOL

ohh and sweet pics GUYS!!!

·
Banned
5,144 Posts
magiksc said:
thanks man...Stock Kenda's Dom, and they are freakin rad in there. A kid had some t92's and they wouldn't hook up at all... My form was way bad last night cause I was fight my carb... I think the PWK is done, it hangs bad when you get off the gas and then developed a stutter, so it made being smooth throught corners impossible. I was able to keep that fire breathing 177 V2 and 165 V2 off me all night so I think I was doing something right... Not bad for a ported stock GPX 150 with PWK 28

Yes that is the XTR 250 Motard... Prety fun bike and the tires stick way nice too.
TYLER, YOURS MIGHT BE STICKING BETTER THAN EVERYONES BECAUSE OF TIRE PRESSURE, GET A GOOD DIGITAL GUAGE AND CHECK WHAT YOU HAVE IN THEM AND WRIGHT IT DOWN, PLAY AROUND WITH TIRE PRESSURES NEXT TIME AND SEE WHAT WORKS THE BEST AND KEEP IT TOP SECRET. I FOUND WITH THE TIRES WE USE TO RUN 28PSI REAR AND 25PSI FRONT WAS PRIME IN THE WARMER MONTHS. CHANGING IT 2 OR 3 PSI CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE WHEN ENTERING AND EXITING CORNERS.

HERE IS A QUICK VIDEO OF ONE OF THE SMALLER TRACKS WE RACED AT, ME AND MY BUDDIE NICK BATTELING IT OUT FOR THE WIN.

HERE IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST TRACKS WE RACED AT. THIS TRACK IS SO SICK. ME ALONE OUT FRONT ON MY PITSTER 125X.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Nice Hack, that track is way sick!! Looks so fun. I better buy me a nice tire gauge before Magik!!

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
washracer_11 said:
You think you got to have all the fun last night well I have news for you I had tons of fun watching this for 3 hours BAWAHAHAHAHAHA

Well the 2 minutes out of the 3 hours my 5 year old danced was fun

What a good dad!!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
HACKMUNCH said:
Ya use nitrogen instead of oxygen in your tires, the psi wont change with tire temp.

That's an old wives tale. : ) Nitrogen, regular atomsphere (70-something percent nitrogen), argon, steel heated to the point its a gas... they all respond to temperature the same way, ala the ideal gas law.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Pitster, don't make me go pick up my go-karting tools... I got it all the sickest temp gauges and air pressure gauges ever. Karting was serious back in the day racing IKF and So Cal Sprinters.

The floor in Winners has something mixed into the concrete to make it tacky, the owner told me what it was but can't remember.

Hack what gearing were you running on the monster track? looked crazy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.