PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know it won't directly mount...I can fix that pretty easy. What I want to know is if anyone knows if there is anything special about getting one of these to run? It doesn't need fuel injection...all it needs is a cdi box and a coil, intake and carb...just like all other motors.

The question here, is does anyone know of someone that's transplanted one of these motors into something else?

Can anyone tell me what are the color and numbers of wires that come directly from the engine (not counting the electric start?)\\

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out Face Book grom pages... Couple dudes have already swapped this motor and I'm SURE will have answers! Great choice of power btw :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've installed an Innova (wave)125 engine in an ATC70. Engine is very similar to a Grom, except that it's a semi and carburettor. I made a wire loom out of an old Innova wiring loom, but left out all the extra's for the gauges, turn signals and all the other stuff i didn't need. Mind that there are a couple of extra wires and switches that connect to the CDI such as a carburettor throttle switch (I suppose this alters timing at full throttle), side stand switch, etc. I'm not familiar with the grom CDI/injection electronics, but I can imagine they are a bit more complicated. Switching to an Innova ignition system may be an option if it all gets too complicated to get running with a carb...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would love to know more about mounting this engine in a CT frame, specifically a CT110. Please share pictures as you go!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you pursue this any further? I feel like if you got the carb conversion kit it could be a good transplant with some custom mounts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts