PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with new fork tubes, springs, etc etc etc... what's the max useage that one could get out of the stock forks?

are they worth spending money on if the primary use of the bike is trail riding with SOME mild track time? I'm not planning on hitting the big stuff, I dont have the balls for it (yet?)

any of you had success with modified 50 forks? or have you all gone to a new set?

thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would not suggest stiff forks for mostly trail riding...they are way too stiff for trails. I have +1s with the stock springs and they provide for a nice smooth ride on the trails but they do bottom easily when jumping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have some springs but thats it... they work fine on the trails and do 'alright' in the ruts, but they obviously do bottom out on anything big.

the bbr forks look like a good deal... I dont wanna drop a whack of cash on forks, as I still want some left for a new swingarm/shock combo.

I'm only 145lbs, so I guess my options are broader?

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
if ur just doing mild riding stick with the stock forks. my cousins has the stock forks with stiff springs and i weigh 180 and it does fine on trail riding and does small jumps fine. if you want the travel and dampening you have to spend the money. and that guy on ebay has a good deal for you. i buy many things on ebay and havent had any problems yet.

that guys rating is prety good so i wouldnt fret buying from him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.