PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got a new uni filter. its the 18-20mm one but when i ordered it it came wiht a bend so it sticks out. is it suppose to be like that? and it doesnt fit is the carb that comes with a a takewaga 88cc s-stage big bore kit come with a smaller carb or something?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That filter should fit it. The bend is how its supposed to be, making the filter stick to the outside of the bike, not to the inside.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i got my uni filter to fit but now what about the breather in the case? what do i hook up to that because it use to hook up to the k&n filter? so what do i put on there

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats that little black box that has a tube conected from the crank and another tube coneccted to the stock airbox? what does the little black box in the middle of them tubes do?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Some people just let it hang down , others put some kind of small filter on the end and strap to their frame or anywhere you can put it . Its just a breather vent for the lower end of the motor . I was using a ting RC Car filter for a while and it worked really good ... I gotta get another one . Im not really sure what that black box thing was for , I wonderd that too.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
DirtySouthRacing said:
That filter should fit it. The bend is how its supposed to be, making the filter stick to the outside of the bike, not to the inside.
i think the bend is for carbs that come out at an angle, to keep the filter in more. opposite direction of what your thinking dsr.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
plocica33 said:
whats that little black box that has a tube conected from the crank and another tube coneccted to the stock airbox? what does the little black box in the middle of them tubes do?

1 - It collects the droplets of oil that happens to be pushed up from blow by thru the crank case breather tube and prevents the oil from being instantly inhaled by the carburetor . Then the oil that has collected in the box will eventually drip back into the cases thru the tube connected to the case .

2 - The other reason for the hoses , black box and carb all being connected together is so the unburnt gases can be recycled and then reburnt to reduce air pollution .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.