PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently installed a two bros pipe on my tb 88 bbk and also on a stock 50 with a k&n filter dropping the clip one. Both engines with these pipes pop and shoot fire out of them. I raised my jet from 89 to a 90 on the 88 big bore. Is this a normal thing for a pipe to do? Or normally how the two bros performs? I had a 89 jet like i said and the plug was white, Now with the 90 is turned more brownish. I used to have a pro circuit t-4 on one of my 50's with an 88 ( got stolen ) And never really had this bad of a problem. What do you guys suggest? WHo else has a problem like this? Anyone ? Is it unheard of? THanks before hand!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No i didnt replace any exhaust gaskets, never did on any other pipes no problem. I brought a brand new off the show room floor 50 home at 4:00, didnt ride it and had bars, shifter, yadda yadda and a two bros pipe and it was popping and shooting fire. Dont think the gasket would be gone that fast, dont think its that?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
I would still check the seal on the pipe were it goes into the Head.... And richen it up some more the plugg needs to be light brown the two bro's pipe is a lot bigger in diameter than the Pro circut pipe its going to be run leaner richen it up.

Later.....OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i always thought that when it pops and spitts fire is from being too rich and its the unburnt fuel igniting when you back off the gas . I could be wrong though ? wheres Z88R he would help a little more with this

·
Registered
27 Posts
KAOS said:
i always thought that when it pops and spitts fire is from being too rich and its the unburnt fuel igniting when you back off the gas

I always thought this too, but I have a two bros exhuast, take 88, 20mm carb and it use to back fire till I got running richer. Now it doesn't pop any more.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
if the plugg was white at first it was running real lean. if its tan its running close to perfect. if the plugg is black was to rich you will foul the plug.... :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its like a ilght brown now i believe. I'm gonna give it one more shot upping the jet one more time to see what it does. But i'm also putting a race head on this weekend so it doesnt really matter until monday when i get it in. But it will give me something to do over the weekend :) P.S. Did i mention i'm running cam 2 race gas in it ( 110 octane ) ??

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Stay away from the Cam 2 it will burn your rings you dont need the octaine trust me on this one. 97 is all you are going to need when you get that tan color on your plug just mess with the clip and air screw. I run 12 and a half to one and run 97 pump gas. Some of your problem could be the Cam 2 Four strokes run better on a slow burning fuel like 97 octane. or ultimate 4 is ok to use. I had problems with my bike when I put cam 2 in it.

Late...........OLDSCHOOL

Better to run a little Rich then Real Lean......It doesnt affect 4 strokes like it does 2 strokes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
z88R said:
Enlighten me on why you are running Cam 2 in a mini motor when it doesn't need the additional octane...
Sorry bro, dont know much about it, i was at a local dealer and the were telling me with this high of compression in the TB kit and it pinging i needed to stop down at penzoil and get the cam 2 gas instead of buyin a jug of VP race gas. I guess i'll go back to my local sonoco and fill her up with 94 octane ( dont have 97 anywere close in ohio ) and see what it does.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.