PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tumbleweed Bar Race! JULY 21st

It's that time again! Or atleast it's getting close enough to start talking about! Tumbleweed Bar Race in Stillwater, OK. Saturday, July 21st! We will run it like the past races for the most part! I have talked with the Tumbleweed staff and they have agreed to let us do more on the dirt. . . so we most likely won’t have any of the small doors or ramps anymore! Which should make the majority happy  Saturday the shop will be open from 11am-6pm for all of your parts needs. The track behind the shop will also be open for anybody to ride for just $5. We just changed it up again and everything is a lot bigger and better! Signup at 7pm and practice starts at 8pm! $15/class. Directions to the shop are at Stillwaterxtreme.com and the bar at calffry.com or tumbleweedconcerts.com

90cc and under

10” Amateur

10” Expert

12”Amateur

12” Expert

Take Out Class ( Just friends banging bars for FUN!)

Street Tires

Stock Class ( Motor, Bars, Tires, and Shock MUST appear stock)

Relay Race $30 ( 2 or 4 riders, but MUST change riders every lap!)

Vet (Over 30)

Clydesdale (Over 200lbs and/or over 6’3”)

****This does take place inside a BAR so you must be 18 years of age to get in and race!****

There are three hotels all about a mile from the shop and the Tumbleweed. Motel 6 (405)624-0433 Days Inn (405)743-2570 and the Quality Inn (previously the Holiday Inn) (405) 372-0800

Stillwater Xtreme (405) 780-7746

Hope to see you all there!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Date has changed to July 21st! Ponca City is the next weekend and this will allow some of the guys from out of town who are making the trip for Ponca to race to "kill two birds with one stone"!

Hope this works out for everybody!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is usually around 100 riders, and its always been a good time! I am trying to get placks done for the race this time. Stay posted! I know we will def. have the track behind the shop going. Trying to get the Kenny or Guy ride day going on Sunday! With all the rain everything is still crazy wet around here!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got done laying out the track! I wanted to give a little heads up about how things are looking this time around. There is ALOT more dirt, NO GRAVEL, NO SIDEWALKS, and the tightest squeeze is the 6ft door that goes out the east side before the three tiered drainage that we've went up in the past.

Sign up is at 7pm, then a quick riders meeting. . . then we'll start practice asap!

See you all Saturday!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The track behind the shop will be done if it doesn't rain! It has rained so much in Stillwater. 4 inches of rain last thursday! Yes HM I can def. use your help, but I think after you see this track you're going to want to race! IT IS SICK!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also wanted to give HUGE PROPS to the people that have already helped me out so much before the race has even started! Your help is very much appreciated, I am forever in debt to you all!

Rob Mills at Mini Bike Springs (top 5 riders in EACH class will get choice of fork or bike springs gift certificates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Kim Danz at DZ Graphics ( the winners of 90cc, 10", 12" Pro will get custom Graphics)

Kim Parks at Precision Sprockets (Misc. Sprockets. . .)

Thanks Again!

·
Registered
781 Posts
HOW DID I GET CONFUSED AND THINK THAT THIS RACE WAS ON THE 28TH?????? WTF!!!! I may not be there! :( If a buyer wants my bike... I will drop my plans to make it. Otherwise... I will be sitting here in Dallas doing other things.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.