PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to build up my TTR to race the 50 stock mod class. Does any one have any tips? Im not looking to do BBK, but everything else. Any advice would be helpfull. Where should I start?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just bought a yamaha breeze cam. im lookin into gettin jet kit and filter. what else be good mods? lightend flywheel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
ItsBrett_205 said:
just bought a yamaha breeze cam. im lookin into gettin jet kit and filter. what else be good mods? lightend flywheel?


Try to find you a Gytr kickstart kit... Then you can pull all the electric start off and the gear for it, that right there will lose a ton of weight,and it will let it rev out alot faster.

But anything GYTR for the 50 is hard to come by. I know i waited months to get parts for mine, 2 brothers racing were a big help in finding parts, I know they got me parts directly from Takegawa. I know you will want to upgrade the clutch, theres a little clip in there that holds pressure on the disk, If it ever falls out , then you lose your clutch, happened to me. But I know we tried so much on the ttr50 we had. Tough motor and REALLY tough transmission. Wish they made a manual clutch kit for it. But i never see the Yamahas really getting any support so custom parts are gonna be the only way to really do much of anything to the TTR's. If you need any more help pm me... i'll do my best to remember what all we did to ours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
also since you don't wanna do a bbk, pull the base gasket out and just put a small amount of gasket maker on it, This will bump the compression up just a lil. But every little bit helps. TTR90 heads bolt on also :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TyConway said:
also since you don't wanna do a bbk, pull the base gasket out and just put a small amount of gasket maker on it, This will bump the compression up just a lil. But every little bit helps. TTR90 heads bolt on also :)




Thats what I hear, but what about the compressin chamber? would it be bigger than the ttr50 head? There for loseing compression?



If I run a 90 head would I be able to use the Breeze cam? Also what about the 90 carm and intake manifold? Would they work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
ItsBrett_205 said:
Thats what I hear, but what about the compressin chamber? would it be bigger than the ttr50 head? There for loseing compression?



If I run a 90 head would I be able to use the Breeze cam? Also what about the 90 carm and intake manifold? Would they work?


I'm not sure on that one... But if you have a 90 head theres aftermarket cams for it. No point in running a breeze cam, its not aggressive.

Also putting the 90 head on may lower compression a little. I wouldn't do that unless i was gonna do a bkk. I had to remove material in my combustion chamber on my 90 head when i used the Takegawa high compression piston so it would clear with no interference.



But the 90 head has larger valves so more air flow allows more fuel to burn, and larger cam so that will help out even if compression is drop a tad.



As for carb and intake i had a Takegawa intake and carb from the hyper s kit. I went through a bunch of different setups on my bike. alot of stuff will fit and work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
also the cheap 24mm mikuni carbs on ebay for $25 bucks works really well. actually ran those on my ttr 110 and had one on my 50 for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
TyConway said:
also the cheap 24mm mikuni carbs on ebay for $25 bucks works really well. actually ran those on my ttr 110 and had one on my 50 for a while.


I have a GYTR shock spring for sale for $42 shipped brand new would you be interested in that for your TTR? just let me know. :) its a really nice HD spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YZ250F4ever said:
I have a GYTR shock spring for sale for $42 shipped brand new would you be interested in that for your TTR? just let me know. :) its a really nice HD spring.


Thanks but no thanks. Im running a shock with a stiff spring for a CRF50.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TyConway said:
I'm not sure on that one... But if you have a 90 head theres aftermarket cams for it. No point in running a breeze cam, its not aggressive.

Also putting the 90 head on may lower compression a little. I wouldn't do that unless i was gonna do a bkk. I had to remove material in my combustion chamber on my 90 head when i used the Takegawa high compression piston so it would clear with no interference.



But the 90 head has larger valves so more air flow allows more fuel to burn, and larger cam so that will help out even if compression is drop a tad.



As for carb and intake i had a Takegawa intake and carb from the hyper s kit. I went through a bunch of different setups on my bike. alot of stuff will fit and work.






So swamping a stock 50 cam for the breeze cam won't make a difference?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
ItsBrett_205 said:
Thanks but no thanks. Im running a shock with a stiff spring for a CRF50.


Oh ok thx for the reply! :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top