PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 TTR50 for my son. He is currently running a BBR exhaust, I recently purchased a GYTR air filter and jet kit and am having some trouble tuning. I am using the 72.5 main jet and adjustable needle set on the 5th setting. The instructions indicate that the pilot screw needs to be adjusted to 1-1/4 turns out, does anyone know where the pilot screw is located? I am assuming they are refering to the air/fuel mix screw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm too lazy to retype this so I cut and pasted a response I gave on Thumpertalk concerning this same problem.

"Just so you'll know, I put the GYTR Exhaust, Air Filter, and Jet/Needle Kit on our TTR50 and had the exact same problem as you described. I tried the 12.5 (stock) and a 15 pilot jet, along with the recommended 72.5 and a 70 main jet, and went up and down one groove on the needle clip. After spending three days of non-stop carb tweaking, I was ready to put the stock air filter, main jet and needle back on. That's when I held the stock and GYTR needles side by side and noticed that the clip settings were very different on the two needles. If I wanted the clip position to be the same on the new needle as the stock needle, I would have to put the clip on the fifth groove from the bottom, NOT from the top as the directions said. I tried this setting along with the recommended stock pilot (12.5) and the 72.5 main. It worked great, so I haven't put the 15 pilot jet back in. I probably need to post this info on TT so others won't have to go through the same thing I did, only to find out that the instructions are WRONG."

Try this and see if it helps. Ours has run like a champ ever since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The air/fuel screw is the smaller of the two brass adjustment screws on the side of your carburator. On a round slide carb, the air/fuel screw is usually offset to the left or right of the slide. The larger adjustment screw is the idle adjustment (it adjusts how far the slide closes when the throttle is released) and is usually centered directly with the slide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.