PlanetMinis Forums banner
121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Took the bike out last weekend at cal city. Got the clutch fixed. Jetting was a bit too Rich on the top end about 10:1 AFR. The float was also super high. I put in the next size down main jet and ended up around 12:1 Unfortunately the next size Main jet is a 127. So I gotta look into doing some fun with drilling jets. But otherwise not issues she’s got a lot of power. Also a lot of crankcase pressure which is a bit concerning but so far no oil blowing out of the tube or anything like that. Plan to take it out Monday again and see how it goes.
I was hesitant to rip it too hard as I seized my 125sx the same-day so losing 2 bikes in one day didn’t sound good lol.
There’s about a half lap of riding in this video at about 14:30.
Cal city Vlog

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Went out this weekend with it. Still suffering from some clutch issues but I believe I found the problem so we will see. Unfortunately might require splitting the cases to fix. Got the jetting closer but unfortunately the float valve is leaking so I’ve gotta fix that which ended my day early as it flooded the bike. Exhaust is stupid loud so going to start looking into something different with the silencer. Gonna keep working on it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The current status of the build and what it needs done.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Would like just a raptor 125 clutch be the fix for that either oem or if somebody has an aftermarket option?
I already have a raptor 125 full clutch with EBC carbon friction plates and OEM steels. I also have some super heavy duty springs holding the pressure. I think I have an assembly issue with the pushrod. It could also be the frictions causing the issue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Fixed the clutch YAY!!!! I forgot the thrust washer behind the basket so the hub wasn’t properly keeping pressure.

Got my new carb mostly dialed using a Keihin PE from a cr85r. Need to lean it out a little bit more but AFR of 12:1 on the first try I’ll take it.

But she’s burning oil like a geo metro. Performed a leak down test @100psi everything looks good and compression test is 180-200psi. So I’m thinking just bad valve stem seals(fingers crossed).

Also my current cam gears aren’t holding up. I need to get someone to make one out of 300M or something that can be heat treated. Current ones are only 304 stainless which I figured wouldn’t last but was hoping they would last until I found a replacement, but it’s going faster than anticipated about 3 short rides and it’s deforming.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Automotive design Alloy wheel

At least it’s getting a ton closer to completion. After the engine is sorted I’m going to look for a take of FMF Ti silencer and modify it for the TTR. Or possibly build my own canister.

then it’s I do getting the suspension dialed in better.

121 - 140 of 150 Posts