PlanetMinis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
who is ready for some updates!!!! I'll upload some pics this weekend hopefully. finally received the last of my electronics so I can start working on wiring the microsquirt unit. and I'm hoping to start my fiberglass work on the electronics box next week. then it's off to the fabrication shop for a custom intake manifold for the throttle body.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Oh well i had uploaded on the facebook page but guess i should post it on here. ive now got the microsquirt 99% wired just need to make my intake manifold and weld up the O2 sensor bung. im also waiting on my BBR air filter and then i need to build my fuel tank. hopefully i will be all up and running by end of January.

I am now using a KTM 450sxf fuel pump as its an in tank model and all self contained. i need to save some space.

15003246_10154712420033270_1834930098780919108_o.jpg 14976411_10154712420323270_6459832931700648459_o.jpg 14940210_10154712420143270_2145527863044766023_o.jpg DSCN0332.JPG

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Alright so I ordered a finalized can sprocket it came in and I specified the wrong size bolt holes. So need to order up another set but looks like I can finally supply sprockets here shortly. Other news I received my bbr high flow filter I can't believe I waited so long to order one. Thing is freaking huge! Finalized my wiring the other day. Now waiting for a buddy of mine to have free time to weld up my fuel tank and intake manifold and we'll be set!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Welp ditched the EFI purchased a 28mm carb. Got the bike all wired up. The cam sprocket I received way back when had the incorrect bolt holes drilled in it. Waiting for my new one to ship to me. In the next few weeks I’ll be ordering up the final parts. I did check all clearances and the valve/piston all clear beautifully. Going to hopefully be all done by the 1st half of October.

The project isn’t dead. Was just sleeping lol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've been wondering if you were still working on this.....Seems like a boat load of work!!! I would have gotten frustrated lost interest a long time back!! Good for you!! Can't wait to see results.
-Robbrt

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Yeah it should be pretty solid hopefully. Honestly it could of been a lot easier work wise I just made some decisions that made it more complicated. I could repeat it and simplify it. I might do another some day just smaller bore. Frustration is why it’s taken so long. The EFI killed a lot of my momentum. Oh well lol

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Awesome to see you you're back on it. Your ears must if been burning lol. A week maybe 2 ago I was talking with a guy about your build

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Awesome to see you you're back on it. Your ears must if been burning lol. A week maybe 2 ago I was talking with a guy about your build
Ha that is pretty funny. The final cam sprocket came in on Friday. Waiting for my exhaust parts to come in this week some time. Otherwise I have just about everything now. Going to spend some time on it this week. I hoping end of the month it can be ready to fire if all goes well.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Ha that is pretty funny. The final cam sprocket came in on Friday. Waiting for my exhaust parts to come in this week some time. Otherwise I have just about everything now. Going to spend some time on it this week. I hoping end of the month it can be ready to fire if all goes well.

Well we get a running video? Been wanting to hear this beast for a hot min now lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Haha yeah you guys will. I’m working on the ugly intake manifold for now. At some point I’d like to 3D print and then cast a nice smooth one.
But I’ve gotta use the tools I have for now. Exhaust parts should be here either tomorrow or Friday other than a few tabs a brackets I have to make.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Did some more work today. Got the front half of the exhaust set up. (Some pinholes need to be welded. Also made a new intake manifold and got that all done. Basically need to finish the exhaust install the clutch and theoretically fire it up! So hopefully by next weekend we will be running. Once it runs and seems fine I’m going to do a quick tear down to repaint the frame, cerakote the exhaust and a few other things. I’m getting excited!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Well if all goes well I should have it fired up this weekend!
I had to order a new clutch pack and clutch hub.I had broken my basket so I ordered a raptor 125 one-off eBay assuming it was the same. It is not the basket fits the engine but the clutch pack hub and pressure plate are all different size than the ttr and appear more heavy duty. I’ll post some pics later.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
took it out last weekend and had wicked clutch slip. I need to take the cover off and see if something isnt right but otherwise it ran decent. hard to really mess with it with those problems.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts