PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I’m trying to figure out if I can run rims and spokes from a trr125 on my xr80. The cr80 wheel rout seems more expensive and hard to find replacement parts. I’ve looked around and seen a few people maybe like at it like it might work but nothing concrete.

I’m fairly sure that the rims will work it’s just a matter of which spokes to use at least in thefront because it’s a 17 instead of the stock 16

·
Super Moderator
10,388 Posts
Probably not, Honda hubs for the XR80 utilize inner and outer spokes for both wheels. The Partzilla microfiche diagram for the TTR 125 only state spoke set, rear, and spoke set, front, no mention of an inner or outer set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not, Honda hubs for the XR80 utilize inner and outer spokes for both wheels. The Partzilla microfiche diagram for the TTR 125 only state spoke set, rear, and spoke set, front, no mention of an inner or outer set.
The only reason I ask is because the big wheel ttr125 has the same rims as a crf100.maybe I could make it work with some custom spokes.

·
Super Moderator
10,388 Posts
What are you trying to achieve? If it's to put bigger wheels on your XR80, why not just use a set from an XR/CRF 100? They would be the better route to go than trying to mix-n-match hubs, rims, and spokes, IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The primary goal is to get a 17 in front because nobody makes a good tire for a 16 in front, and the other goal is the get alloy rims for the increased performance.

I have an xr100 and primarily wanted the xr80 because it’s smaller. And I don’t think you can bolt on xr100 wheels, I believe the forks and swingarm are different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea definitely, I called buchanan and it’s about 300 for custom front rim and spokes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts