PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first look at the latest from the R&D team at nishna valley cycle.

ttr110:

motor:

24mil carb

2.5mil over piston

pro circuit exhaust

ported

cam and springs

for those who scoffed at the ttr110 for the mere fact that not enough hop up parts had no imagination and obviously not the addiction to pitbikes some do. where theres a will theres a way.

heres a few pics from the build. dont have a lot of time to expand on everything tonight so will post again tomorrow the details for everything. just thought i would throw this out there for a little teaser. ;-) and will post a few more pics with better views of carb on bike and such. enjoy. p.s. hopefully all the pics work.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys real sorry bout not getting back to this sooner! as for specifics on this machine the carb is a 24 mil AFT carb and intake runner for a crf 70. to be completly honest hindsight on this part is that this is not the best carb. first the runner is just about perfect, but the carb itself was a bit taller than expected and so i had to make shims out of pvc sheeting to get past the head and to sit a bit more level because at the angle it was it leaked, but with a better float bowl gasket and the shimming it is about right now. the second problem with this carb is that the jets are different than just about any mikuni or keihen and its a bit difficult to get dialed in properly but thankfully after i dropped the piston in and some needle adj. the jetting settled out and she is running pretty healthy right now. but this carb was 80 dollars in a kit whereas the gytr carb was 200+. and dispite the plug and play advantage of the gytr mine works just as good now. and it looks a whole lot cooler without those extra push pull cables ;). next tho i plan on putting a mikuni 26 mil on which is a lot lower profile so i can get rid of those spacers and it will be alot easier for fine tuning. as for the cam and springs those are both gytr parts. and finally the part you have all been waiting for the piston. its a 1st over high compression wiseco piston for klx 110. no modifications had to be done to the piston or head. its a plug and play with very very good results. this is actually the second big bore done to a ttr 110 at nishna. one of our parts guys bored in a stock klx 110 piston which bumped his up to around a 119 i believe and he used a stock klx carb. not a huge noticable difference in his and there was a few modifications that needed to be made to the piston for it to comply. after the completion of mine we tested mine against the ttr119 a bone stock ttr110 and a klx110 with cam and pipe. in a straight line drag the the 124 easily walked away from all of them. i was running 2 teeth down gearing but was hitting the rev limiter in 4th gear way to fast so i went back to stock gearing. yesterday tested it out in the trees and it performed beautifully, pulled very strong everywhere. next up some suspension work!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
our set up guy has a ttr110 with gytr pipe gytr carb gytr cam and springs and am waiting for him to bring to work to test against that but will let u know how it fairs against an all gytr bike as well, and a 143 stock head klx. for all you guys that are on a budget like me and want a little more power this is definetly the way to go. i did this big bore that is basically the same as the poweroll kit but i did it for close to under 100 bucks! i was going to post a price list for this build but dont have the reciepts in front of me but i can tell u that i have under 2000 dollars including the price of the bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
atown110 said:
our set up guy has a ttr110 with gytr pipe gytr carb gytr cam and springs and am waiting for him to bring to work to test against that but will let u know how it fairs against an all gytr bike as well, and a 143 stock head klx. for all you guys that are on a budget like me and want a little more power this is definetly the way to go. i did this big bore that is basically the same as the poweroll kit but i did it for close to under 100 bucks! i was going to post a price list for this build but dont have the reciepts in front of me but i can tell u that i have under 2000 dollars including the price of the bike.

so how well do the klx cylinder match up to the yamaha case and head, or did i miss interperate something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow. that looks a lot better than the runner i am using. where did you get the intake from? and yes you just use the klx piston and bore the stock ttr cylinder.

·
Registered
79 Posts
TyConway said:
just using a klx style piston... u bore the stock ttr cylinder

then how big can you go using klx style pistons, or is this the biggest? And don't you have to worry about the valve clearance difference between the two different bikes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did mine with a 54mm Wiseco and also tried the Powroll piston. I tried the Powroll cam, GYT cam and a few others but found another Yam cam that works best. Tried the GYT carb and made an intake like yours with a Mikuni that works good also. Got the dyno at 6hp stock and right at 10hp now. Took some head and cyl work with the right cam to get to 10. REALLY FUN.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
yamaguy said:
I did mine with a 54mm Wiseco and also tried the Powroll piston. I tried the Powroll cam, GYT cam and a few others but found another Yam cam that works best. Tried the GYT carb and made an intake like yours with a Mikuni that works good also. Got the dyno at 6hp stock and right at 10hp now. Took some head and cyl work with the right cam to get to 10. REALLY FUN.

you sure about that... Stock sleeve isn't 54 mm wide at the bottom that goes in the case.... Unless you bought a sleeve and had it put in...

·
Registered
18 Posts
"Sure about that"? Yea I'm sure. You on the other hand may want to check your micrometer. The TTR110 stock cyl is 56.5mm od on the bottom and steps up to 59mm at the base gasket-oring area. The case will fit 60mm sleeve with minor mods. I'm building 2mm stroked crank with a sleeved cyl and bored case on the next engine with a 56mm piston for 138cc. The next step is 60mm bore for 158cc but the head and valve size become a limiting factor. I'll keep the thread posted on dyno numbers.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
yamaguy said:
"Sure about that"? Yea I'm sure. You on the other hand may want to check your micrometer. The TTR110 stock cyl is 56.5mm od on the bottom and steps up to 59mm at the base gasket-oring area. The case will fit 60mm sleeve with minor mods. I'm building 2mm stroked crank with a sleeved cyl and bored case on the next engine with a 56mm piston for 138cc. The next step is 60mm bore for 158cc but the head and valve size become a limiting factor. I'll keep the thread posted on dyno numbers.

I was just recalling off the top of my head, i checked it tonight, the sleeve is 56.5 mm wide at the bottom and does tapper up to 59mm. I actually have the ttr sleeve sitting on my computer desk, So if you bored it out for a 54mm piston, you have only 1.25mm of sleeve at the bottom, you couldn't even taper it out to allow the piston and rings to slide in easliy. Just don't seeing it being that thin to be safe. With my 55mm piston i had to mod the cylinder and put a klx sleeve in it and have it cut down, bored and retapered. And also bore my case.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.