PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just wondering what the electrical connection to the clutch perch is for on my 06 TTR-125E. Is it so the motor won't start with the clutch engaged? What I'm wondering is what do I do with this when I get an aftermarket perch and lever?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
TwoBros-OneTen said:
So I was just wondering what the electrical connection to the clutch perch is for on my 06 TTR-125E. Is it so the motor won't start with the clutch engaged? What I'm wondering is what do I do with this when I get an aftermarket perch and lever?

It's so you can't start the bike while it is in gear unless the clutch lever is pulled in.

You can by pass by cutting and joining the two wires together and it will start no matter what even if you put an aftermarket perch and lever.

Just make sure it's in Nuetral

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dood said:
It's so you can't start the bike while it is in gear unless the clutch lever is pulled in.

You can by pass by cutting and joining the two wires together and it will start no matter what even if you put an aftermarket perch and lever.

Just make sure it's in Nuetral

Okay that's what I thought, so when you say make sure it's in neutral, does that mean if it's in gear w/out the clutch in it will just start up and go lol cuz with an e-start that could be dangerous haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts