PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people have shown interest in a kit like I had made when I did a TTR-125/YZ85 conversion. I'll make up a few kits for starters, but basically this is a limited run, kind of a "special order only" type of deal.

The kit will include the following:

Upper shock mount bushings (2)
Swingarm pivot bushings (2)
Center aluminum spacer for swingarm (this replaces the motor itself on the YZ85, which acts as the spacer)
Mounting tab for the rear brake reservoir
Mounting bracket for the rear master cylinder
Tabs to relocate/mount the linkage underneath the frame

Some fab is required (drilling holes, material removal, welding, etc). PLEASE NOTE: running the YZ85 rear shock requires some decisions to be made. The shock reservoir can be ran on the left-hand side, which will require the exhaust to be cut/sectioned, and re-welded to avoid interference with the reservoir. Going this route will allow a person to retain the stock airbox setup. Alternatively, if the reservoir is ran on the right side of the bike, the exhaust won't need to be modified, but you will have to run a pod-filter setup directly on the carb, as the reservoir will interfere with the air boot. Also, my bike was a small wheel version; I can't guarantee anything if a person wants to run this on the L-model TTR. However, I have a friend with the conversion (he bought it converted, not my parts), and runs the large wheels with no issue, so I am thinking it will work.

Tentative price is $100, but contact me for final price.

PM or email @ [email protected]. I don't have texting, but have no problem with phone calls. 7one5-nine6five-18seven1.

Located in Western WI.

I can and will post some pictures of my bike to help.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5 left.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does your conversion kit include the extensions for the YZ85 swingarm? And would the exhaust have to be modified for the reservoir bottle to have room to move if mounted on the left side? I have a 2013 TT-R 125 LE and I'm wanting to do one of these conversions to make it into a track ready machine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another run of these kit should be done soon. Also, I have texting now, so the number in the initial post works for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts