PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a complete takegawa 110 kit on my friends 90, drilled the pipe as recomended also. I have a few questions for anyone that has experience with them. First of all the two wires that used to run to the stock carb, what do you do with them? I have no problem letting them hang or tie wrapping them but I was wondering if they effect the ignition at all? Second, I ran the carb at the stock settings and it ran OK except top end it cuts on and off like its starving for fuel. Plug seems lean but a initial break in messes up the plug readings some. It appears to be lean from the plug though. I am going to order some mains and see if I can get that figured out. Then I raised the needle one more notch and it gave it much more bottom and mid but the top end still does the same thing. Whats the stock jet in the pd22. Any tuning suggestions would be great. Third does fuel type make that big of difference in it. Takegawa recomends high octane, meaning what, race fuel, 89, 93, 100, 110, 116 octane. Any other advice would be great as far as tuning it goes. It does run waaaaaay better than before though.

thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will probably jet it for pump gas as thats what my friend always has in his pump at his shop. You know free gas is cheaper than race fuel and way more convienent when we are riding at his place. I was thinking of getting a uni for it that is offset like the 110 one. I think it may clear the front fender better when we put a klx110 front end on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.