PlanetMinis Forums banner

Trying to figure out what I got

862 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dirtbkr188 
#1 ·
What’s up guys I’m trying to figure out some of the parts on the 50 I have. Got it for my kid a few years back and now I want to go through it. I can’t figure out which front forks and triple clamps, if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. It is hard to tell with the stickers and I don’t see any identifying marks. The rear swing arm also, maybe it a stock. If I need to post more pics let me know thanks.
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Fictional character Action figure
Tire Wheel Auto part Suspension Vehicle
Bicycle wheel Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle part Tire Bicycle tire
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Spoke Rim

See less See more
#2 ·
The triple tree is definitely Pro Taper
The forks just look like the uppers were hydrodipped. Whether they're stock uppers, or a china company, who knows. Measuring the fork legs will let you know if the legs are aftermarket extended.
Measuring the swingarm will let you know if its a stock 50 or a stock 70 swingarm. Pictures make it look like a 70 swingarm.

Also, if you ever want to sell that red front head cover, or what looks to be the matching pedal cover... hit me up.

#3 ·
I appreciate it man. After research that is what I was thinking about the front forks, just got painted red. I’m gonna keep it whole right now gotta get some tires for it, and not sure about the rear shock. I hit up ishock might have it rebuilt. I would like to get some suspension that wasn’t so stiff but it’s a 50 not exactly sure what u can expect from such little travel. What would be the measurements on the forks and rear swing arm if they were from a 70 and aftermarket?

#5 ·
If it was a stock 50 swingarm the rear wheel would be right up against the swingarm with the wheel shifted all the way forward. The 70 swingarm is 2" longer than the 50. Just looking at the front forks, they appear to be 1" taller than stock and if they only compress about 1" to 1-1/2" they probably have heavy duty fork springs as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.