PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice...

I'm doing the same thing, got a crew here who are all obsessed with ice racing now.

I think you might start ripping knobs off the rear of that Starcross, but you might be alright with a stocker if you don't lean heavy when ripping full bore...

I've got an IRC Trail Winner 3.0 (110) tire out back, and a tiny 2.5 Dunlop 752 (harder and closer than 756) up front. My pit bike looks like a frickin' Schwinn Stingray now, hahaha...

I've got a mix of 1/2" and 5/8" Kold Kutters (expensive stuff, wow!) all the way around, and some old supermoto tires cut up and inside as liners. Probably about 6-700 studs I'd guess, but originally I began this year with too many studs out back and was riding loose until I removed some... All dialed now!

Here's a tip: Turn the screws on the edges of the tire to the front and back position (The slot direction), and you'll hook up even better on corners!

Works great, I can rail with my 88racehead now, even beat my buddy on his Tak106 (over powers the little studded tires) and a lifan 124.

We have two ponds and a lake all cleared in my 'hood, and in another buddy's area, we've got at least 4 tracks all cleared on the same lake. I stay away from the big bike tracks though! Those accelleration bumps are like whoops in a mini!

where abouts are you riding? We're always looking for more people to rip with!

I'm in Michigan...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very cool tires. Have a group of guys that are full bore into ice riding the 50 as well. We just had Jeff Fredette build us full blown ice tires with liners and everything. Not cheap but should be well worth it. He's dropping them off tomorrow so I'll have to get some pictures of them and post them up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its an takagawa 88 kit, TB cam with a stock head and CRF 70 carb so hopfully my lugs are safe. I am racing agenst a stock crf70 and a stock xr80, so I dont think I'll have to rail it too hard to stay in front!

I'm in MI, just north of flint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.