PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
better check to see if the output shaft bearing is any good . if you ride your bike with the chain too tight you will fry this bearing and the seal . another thing if it is binding in neutral you might have a tranny problem maybe a thrust washer went bad .

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no man, im not stupid.. :roll:

that output shaft bearing sounds like a possibility, definetly see how that could get damaged. but its still smooth when i turn the sprocket, i dont know enough about these trannys to know what a thrust washer is but i will look into it. thanks vince 8)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Did you bend your rear axle? Mine was doing something like this when I bent my first axle. It went to puch it up my driveway and it was hard to push in neutral when I rode it it felt fine.

May sound funny but check it just in case.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey buck, that your new ride? :lol:

ok to make it perfectly clear to all that are reading.

im not turning the back wheel and saying its slow, im touching the front sprocket and turning it BY HAND. i know its harder to turn than before because ive felt it before. i did notice it from the wheel at first then found out it was restricting there when i fixed all i could see to turn as free as possible, then checked the gear.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
danm, i dont wanna split the case :(

maybe ill just get a rc86 and sell it as is(w/a 72cc cylinder) for cheep :cry:

maybe not though..

the gear still turns very smooth and straight, it just feels tighter(?)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
could be where your piston was at when u turned it...it could cause it to push harder...

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
five0addict said:
no man, im not stupid.. :roll:

- fiveo : I really gotta know who your pointing that comment at !!! 8O 8O :?

- All of us who are taking our time to help you out here , and not trying to make you feel stupid . :wink:

- How do we know what you know and don't know ? Or even know what you've done or not done so far unless you put it up on your post with the problem descirbed in the original post ?

- If you're posting technical questions like this , then we can figure you aren't a motorcycle tech by trade and in no way are thinking that you are or trying to make you feel stupid . We're trying to help you here !!!! You always wanta cover all of the bases no matter how stupid it sounds .

- If your gonna come out with a comment like that , then why should I or any of us try to help ? :roll:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those are way simple explinations, i always try the obvious before putting up a post. its about transmission restriction for a reason. i said that because it was alredy shown that it wasnt the chain in the first message. no offence to anyone that took it that way, sorry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.