PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Actually I thought it goes between the head and intake. At least thats where I have mine. I couldnt even get it to go between the carb and intake, it would hit the carb. And mine runs awesome like it is.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, i put mine on the mani, because i had carb clearence issues when it wasnt on there. What happens if that hose from the bottom of the carb bowl is pinched? because there is like no room for it down there even when that spacer is on the mani, it just barely clears the cylinder and is almost pinched.

also how do i know if my high volume oil pump is working right?

i just wanna make sure its pumping oil through everything. Cause i rode the fiddy very easily around the block and after i was done i touched the head and cylinder and the were very hot, like to hot to touch for more then a second but im thinking 88 run way hotter then stock 50, im just worried thats all, sorry to ask so many questions!

thanks

-Rich

·
Registered
178 Posts
flappy188 said:
yea, i put mine on the mani, because i had carb clearence issues when it wasnt on there. What happens if that hose from the bottom of the carb bowl is pinched?

mine is pinched too except it's on the takegawa 88cc s-stage bore kit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i don't think i got one with my hyper-s takegawa kit?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
flappy188 said:
also how do i know if my high volume oil pump is working right?

i just wanna make sure its pumping oil through everything. Cause i rode the fiddy very easily around the block and after i was done i touched the head and cylinder and the were very hot, like to hot to touch for more then a second but im thinking 88 run way hotter then stock 50, im just worried thats all, sorry to ask so many questions!

thanks

-Rich
Run the motor for a couple minutes then shut it off and remove the intake tappet cap.start the motor again and run it while looking inside the head.

It wont be full of oil but you should be able to see oil splashing around in there a bit.Ya the head and cylinder do get pretty hot especially if its a fresh top end and everythings still a little tight.

G

·
I put mine between the head and manifold.

flappy188 said:
also how do i know if my high volume oil pump is working right? i just wanna make sure its pumping oil through everything. Cause i rode the fiddy very easily around the block and after i was done i touched the head and cylinder and the were very hot, like to hot to touch for more then a second but im thinking 88 run way hotter then stock 50, im just worried thats all, sorry to ask so many questions!

thanks

-Rich

To check and see if it works leave the bike running at an idle. When sitting on the bike look at the head. On the bottom right head bolt there should be a copper colored washer. Leave the bike at an idle and slowly loosen that nut. Oil should start to come out and that will tell you that the pump works. Then turn off the bike and torque the nut back down.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Well since hes already rode it around some I would assume that its working, otherwise it would have ceized already with no oil getting to it, doubt it would have made it out of the driveway.

G

·
I don't think it is a big deal where you put it. As long as it is on there it will keep heat from reaching the carb. Like I said I have mine between the head and manifold. I might have put it between the manifold and carb, but that made it so it was hard to get my (over sized K&N) air filter on. It is over 3 inches long and it would hit the frame. When I put it on the head it made the filter clear better and raised the carb father from the cases. Again, I don't think it is a huge deal as long as it is on there.

G

·
Jetster220 said:
Well since hes already rode it around some I would assume that its working, otherwise it would have ceized already with no oil getting to it, doubt it would have made it out of the driveway.

I wouldn't say that :? . I know a flat track racer that is not the most mechanically inclined :lol: . When he got his CRF450 motor back from the person that built it he just bolted it in. He never checked or added oil 8O . That thing ran for over an hour (only a Honda) before the transmission finally started making noise and tearing stuff up. Needless to say he had to send it back to the guy to rebuild the bottom end :? . He now always checks the oil. It was a costly mistake for just forgetting to add oil. I would go ahead and check to make sure it is pumping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.