PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the TBBK and set it in my 50 yesterday and for some reason it wont run for shit when i use the big carb it came with.. but when i set the stock carb on it ran fine!? it has to be a problem with the carb, any one have this problem?

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Any time you install a bigger cylinder or modify the stock motor, you have to dial in the carb.

Is the motor running rich or lean?

Did you check the float height?

Is it running bad during WOT, or idle, or midrange?

Are you running the BBK and the race head, or just the BBK with the stock head?

What pipe are you running?

Please be specific here, as you are dealing with more than one variable.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not just running bad.. it wont run at all.. like it will start after about 10 kicks then it backfires horriable and quickly stalls out..

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Sounds more like Timing to me. Have you double checked your timing to make sure it is correct, and how about your valve clearances.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
both timing and valves r fine belive me we checked it 3 times.. it has to be somthing w/ the carb.. im gunna try and figure it out today

· Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like timing to me as said above by someone. I know on mine i had the same problem and it turned out that the timing wasnt right even though I had it set right with little t lined up and the little hash mark and o right. I had to figit with it a couple times before it would run right.

· Registered
189 Posts
I had a simaler problem awhile back and it was as simple as the overflow tube was pinched on the cylinder.Man it popping and backfiring like crazy.However I do agree it does sounds like the timing is off though.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Take the carb apart and check it over. I just reread your first post and realized that you said it ran with the stock carb on. So take the new one and just take it apart and go through making sure everything is clean and together right and that none of the hoses are pinched when you put it on or anything. If none of that works, shoot Mike a email at TrailBikes and we will do everything he can to help you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.