PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sheng Wey, 24mm carb is poorly made!!!

I just bought a brand new 24mm carb 2 months ago, and today while riding both floats fell off! I tried to re solder it and it lasted 2 rides??!! I had the same problem on my other bike but the solder job held, for now? So now I have a carb with a junk float, and gasket which stretched out when I pulled the bowl off!!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JB weld will make the float too heavy! Im just gonna buy a new carb and throw this one away! Since I have 2 that have done this Im surprised no one else has had this happen and the manufacture still sells them, Ive heard about the float bowl gasket before.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Count Herbula said:
JB weld will make the float too heavy! Im just gonna buy a new carb and throw this one away! Since I have 2 that have done this Im surprised no one else has had this happen and the manufacture still sells them, Ive heard about the float bowl gasket before.

OK, so are you going to buy another TB 24mm?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt the jb will hold either way, I've already bought a 26mm mikuni from FPM. I'm just waiting on a carb spigot. I'm not gonna buy another TB 24

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Before you went online and posted a thread about your difficulties, I'm sure you contacted Mike at Trailbikes about your problem. What did he say???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't this sections purpose to contact TB? Companies rarely will warranty items like this, which they don't actually produce themselves.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I think a phone call or email would be a faster way to contact. They have great service I'm sure mike would have helped you out somehow.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already bought a new carb , and I got the 24mm thru one of TB's dealers not them directly , so that matters also. This isn't a bash thread.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I ride this everyday on the street, and buy what should be the best parts I can afford. But I always have problems with something. I have a buddy that's exactly what your talking about, every time we go anywhere we have to wait like an hour for him to who-rig his bike together!!!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
so their tb 24 is junk? Im searching for a 22/24 now. Also what front end is that? I dont believe TB has a phone number. But if you email he does email fast. Def go through them direct or FPM. I went through local shop and it wasnt the best. He always answers emails and questions and everything so its not like he isnt there for us riders.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Count Herbula said:
Yeah I ride this everyday on the street, and buy what should be the best parts I can afford. But I always have problems with something. I have a buddy that's exactly what your talking about, every time we go anywhere we have to wait like an hour for him to who-rig his bike together!!!

You ever think it has something to do with the Herbula?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not following you miniguy?????

Ive already emailed TB and Mike advised me to send the float back so they can inspect it, and send me a new one.

And If you buy the Tb 24 trtr013 make sure you get extra bowl gaskets if you are gonna re jet it!

The front end on my bike is the stock SDG.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts