PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into the Trailbike Race head, but their webpage dosnt really give any specifications Like What size are the Valves? what will the compression ratio be? anybody know how it compares to say the R Stage takegawa head?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mikes head I think has the 22mm intake and 20mm exhuast it is a HRC head it comes with a 13:1 commpression piston and from what I've seen it freaking kicks some serious butt .way worth the price. I would call and have him hook you up with a manual clutch too

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey jester, did you ever get rid of that tapping noise? i have a trailbikes kit and i have a tapping noise sounds like valve tap but it isn't. i think the piston may be hitting the head.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Nah man, I still got that tickin noise to, I dont have a clue what it is, I know everything is tight, nothings hitting, just has a weird noise.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Man you guys sure the piston is not hitting the head .a 13:1 compression piston has a huge dome on the top and the stock head has a very small combustion erea .It might be a small erea on the squash zone on the edge of the combustion erea. also remember high copression pistons need higher octane so it does have detonation from the compreesion

·
Registered
129 Posts
Man I have been running my trail bikes kit for a while now and I still don't know what the hub bub is. But then again I run VP ultimate 4 mixed half and half with premium. Mine has never made any unusual noise any differant to my Takagawa kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
are you sure that kit is 13:1? I run the kit, and it rips, but that piston is not a SUPER high dome piston. The combustion chamber on the TB super head is similar to a new xr70 head in size. If you look at Powrell's 11.7:1 piston for the xr70, it has a higher dome than the TB. I don't know for sure, but i don't think it's close to 13:1.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I fixed my ticking noise last night. It seems that the head gasket shifted a little when i put it on and the piston was hitting the metal ring on the gasket. i put it back together and its all quiet now.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Well, when I had my head off the other day to install a new timing chain I didnt see any kinds of signs that the piston could have been hitting the head, not to mention that Ive been running the bike long enough that if it was it would have caused serious damgae by now. I guess I will have to see if I can get a soundbite of it so yall can hear what im talking about.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That gsket kit that comes with the trailbikes kit is kind of cheesy. i mean the holes with the dowel pins really were too small for the pins. The one pin touches the metal ring on the head gasket. so i believe that when i tightened the head bolts it pushe the ring in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.