PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, There are only 7 days left to vote on your favorite track.

We will be submiitng our designs next Saturday April, 17th. So cast your vote while you can! This will be the track that we will be racing on this summer up here in Colorado!!

TRACKS ARE NOT EXACTLY TO SCALE!!!!!!!!

Track 1

Track 2

Track 3

Track 4

Track 5

Track 6

Track 7

Track 8

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok guys we few up here in Colorado are finally getting the chance to have a 50 track built we were asked to come up with a design for everyone to ride. My buddy Justin has posted up 8 desings that were posted on this site in the recent weeks. Designed by me, him, and a few other Plane minis members. Now we are trying to get it down to the final 4 to submit to the motcross park that will be building the track. They want to go all out so we want to give them a track design that everyone will want to ride.

So cast your votes throw in some reply's if you have any questions or suggestions we'll be more then happy to use them.

Thanks everyone,

Darrel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anybody can build a backyard track, very few a full on 50 you lucky dogs. I am envious and jelous [email protected]!!!!! Track one looks the most legit for 1, for 2 I like rythm sections with different options, thats where the best racing will be. I would suggest a track with a rythm section that rewards those who can handle the risky triple triple double triple stuff, and punishes those with no rythm skill. On the same note, who is the track for and what bikes? Stock 50s will have a serious problem running with modded bikes on a rythm and whooped track. The hardes thing will be to set up the sections so that people a. dont get landed on by 124cc dohc bike that quadrupling through, and b dont case the crap out of a tough rythm section requiring a lot of power. Track one gets my vote. :p

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nocturna1 said:
Anybody can build a backyard track, very few a full on 50 you lucky dogs. I am envious and jelous [email protected]!!!!! Track one looks the most legit for 1, for 2 I like rythm sections with different options, thats where the best racing will be. I would suggest a track with a rythm section that rewards those who can handle the risky triple triple double triple stuff, and punishes those with no rythm skill. On the same note, who is the track for and what bikes? Stock 50s will have a serious problem running with modded bikes on a rythm and whooped track. The hardes thing will be to set up the sections so that people a. dont get landed on by 124cc dohc bike that quadrupling through, and b dont case the crap out of a tough rythm section requiring a lot of power. Track one gets my vote. :p

Track 1 and track 2 are virtually the same. Track 2 is toned down a little bit making it a little more user friendly for the stock bikes. It has smaller jumps and less doubles. Track 1 just has some more serious hits on it like those huge tables. If you guys want closer looks at the tracks look in the track gallery they are all posted in there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
yamahaboy99 said:
for any of u that have motocrossmadness 2 im making track # 2 so u can ride your little 50s on it...ill test it when im done and give the power settings so it makes it feel real.

That's awesome. I always wanted to download the track editor. But I have 56k at my house and it keeps saying it will take 11 hours. So i guve up. Put up some screen shots if you can when your finished.

G

·
I am getting ready to build mine. Gotta wait until we get our bobcat back. Mine is track 7. I like track 2 better though. I always make plans for tracks when I go to build, but I always get ideas when I'm doing them so it will be different than it shows. I can't wait.

G

·
It is a tabletop and if the straitaway was long enough I would try it. Remember it is a tabletop. You can work your way to clearing it.

G

·
lahayeracing444 said:
that is a very good point and it doesn't hurt too much itf oyu come up a little short
That is why they made tabletops. So they wouldn't be as intimidating as other big jumps. If it was a triple or something I would have to think first. I have seen some tabletops that hurt if you come up short, but that depends on how high they shoot you. For a 50 track, I would assume that it wouldn't have a radical lip on it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would assume that for how slow 50s go you would need a decently peaked lip to clear it. and on a 50, if you cased a 60 foot jump it wouldn't be pretty. I mean the furthest jump on a 50 is liek 75 feet done by engle right?

G

·
That jump was a tabletop. I don't see the reason for a massive lip. It would need some, but with motors like the 117se with 17HP it wouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
300 Posts
LogiKal said:
http://www.claytonmiller.com/videos/launis%20house%20mpeg%201.mpg

heres another track idea.

That's a sweet track. We want to make something that will move alittle faster. That has some 3rd gear stuff. I like the rythym section though. But you guys should see the rythym section I designed for the BMX track near my house. I'll try and take some pictures over the weekend or something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.