• gnarlycharlie

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The poll is up!! Time to Vote!!

Some of the designers have multiple entries so be sure to look at all of them before voting.

Thanks!

This is for Racetown395 in SoCal.

I have a basic track boundary layout done with a 10'-0 x 10'-0 grid set on it. It is to scale. Let me know if you need more info. It's in .jpg format. (I also have it in autocad, softplan and pdf if you need).

I will set up a poll when I get enough track designs, and then we will all vote. You may enter more than one if you wish. The winner of the PM poll will get a PM t-shirt (and probably the best chance of getting their track design built). I will then take ALL of the tracks entered and submit them to Scott @ Racetown395 and they will decide which one to build. Hopefully soon after that we will set up a BBQ ride day to ride the new track.

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ok now the first one is made to scale with a few extra jumps added in.

The second one is still to scale but I changed the section across the start shoot so it is a long high speed corner.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

well thats my take at it. Kinda hard to get everything proportionate(sp?). But that should be a pretty fun track for serious pitbike riders, while also still not being too technical for beginner pee-wees. I also took into account space for the water truck, space for flaggers, places to pull off and not be in another lane in case of bike trouble, and a few other aspects.

If they dont build it im going to in my backyard lol

T-RAV

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I got bored, here's something I threw together.

Keep in mind, you dont have too use the entire area for a fun track.

You need room for water truck to make the turns and a place for water to drain if there's ever a heavy down pour.

Attachments

·
1,973 Posts
For the most part I was thinking Josephine or Kyle43mx, but realized that T-Rav is the ONLY one that was thinking about the spectators and put a jump for the people to watch a little action. Josephine put a field of revving bikes in front of them on one design - no bueno, and most of the other designs have anywhere from 30-60 feet of open nothingness for the people to look across and try to see some racing. No matter who wins, I think that the track designer needs to take that into consideration.

~E

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.