PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking news!

For the first time ever, with support from Throttle Nation magazine, the mini's will be allowed to run at the Maxton Mile, in North Carolina!

Standing start, with 5280 feet to wring out every bit of speed your mini has!

The Mini Challenge has a 12" max tire size. Race leathers are required (some loaner sets will be available), as are several other safety items, like street tires, metal chain guard, tether-kill, axle nut retainers. PM me for more details, if you're serious about going. I'll post up as much information as I can, as soon as it's available.

In addition, since it's being run alongside the regular Throttle Nation Top Speed Streetbike Challenge, you'll get a chance to run in between 250+MPH passes from turbo bikes with 600HP, just to keep you humble... Gives you a chance to bring your big bike, too, if you want to LEGALLY "see what she'll do".

Throttle Nation will present a trophy to the fastest mini at the event. Mine won't count;)

And, to keep it fun, FPM will reward the fastest privately-owned and ridden bike's rider with a $1/MPH cash prize.

We'll have a leader-board, to see how you stack up. If enough riders show up, we'll be able to break it in to displacement classes, but even if not, there will be a box for engine CC's to keep track of how you stack up against similar combo's.

Shim the valve springs, retard the timing, stack all the gearing you think you can pull, and get ready for some fun! If there's a good turnout, it may be turned in to a regular part of the Maxton Mile's class structure!

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/rules/2008MCRules.pdf

Mini's are tough to place in the rulebook, so we're working with the ECTA to get verification on a couple items. News to be posted as available.

Throttle Nation Top Speed Streetbike Challenge

Mini Madness!!!

Gearing helper. Thanks for the great tool, Honda50.com!

Honda50.com Gear Ratio - Speed Calculator

Map link:

http://local.google.com/local?f=q&hl=en&q=16400+Airbase+Rd,+Maxton,+NC+28364&ie=UTF8&om=1&hq=&hnear=16400+Airbase+Rd,+Maxton,+Scotland,+North+Carolina+28364&ll=34.847621,-79.878845&spn=1.293811,2.117615&z=9

Daily Event Schedule

Friday:

8:00 AM until 5:00 PM – Track setup (welcome any who want to volunteer)

10:00 AM until 4:00 PM - Registration

Noon until 4:00 PM - Vehicle inspections (on a limited basis as inspectors are available)

5:00 PM - Rookie Orientation *

Saturday:

8:00 AM - Registration 8:00 AM - Vehicle inspections

8:30 AM – Drivers’ Meeting

9:00 AM - First vehicle on course

11:30 AM - Lunch Break

11:30 AM - Rookie Orientation *

12:00 PM - Resume Racing

6:00 PM - End Saturday Racing

Sunday:

8:00 AM until 2:00 PM - Racing

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We still need more participants, if it's going to be a regular event in the future.

Let's prove that mini's are a viable, less expensive way to go FAST!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Damm that sounds like fun, on such short notice though there is now way I can find a set of tires get em mounted and do all the other things needed.

cant wait to see the results :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Terry, I'm gonna do my best to get up there. Just need to find a sitter for my son. My wife has a day of baby showers to go to. If I can make it I plan on bringing my video camera, son broke my digi camera.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
inked said:
Terry, I'm gonna do my best to get up there. Just need to find a sitter for my son. My wife has a day of baby showers to go to. If I can make it I plan on bringing my video camera, son broke my digi camera.

Sitter? Heck no. What's he weigh? Grips are only 21" from the table:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts