PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i blew the top end on my 50 awhile ago (tons of blue smoke came out then it died) and am waiting on parts.. but for now, i would like to get the specs for valve adjustments/etc.. i ordered a new piston/rings and gaskets.. this is my first time working on a 4 stroke motor and i have no idea what im up to.. have any tips for putting it all back together?

thanks - ps, its a 2003 and im replacing it with OEM 49cc piston.etc

·
Registered
438 Posts
rmrider said:
hey guys, i blew the top end on my 50 awhile ago (tons of blue smoke came out then it died) and am waiting on parts.. but for now, i would like to get the specs for valve adjustments/etc.. i ordered a new piston/rings and gaskets.. this is my first time working on a 4 stroke motor and i have no idea what im up to.. have any tips for putting it all back together?

thanks - ps, its a 2003 and im replacing it with OEM 49cc piston.etc

i hope you did not pay to much for the stock top end... i have tons of these things...

i think the intake valve is .002" and the exhaust is .003" ill have to double check in the morning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
both mine are set at either .005 or .006

·
Registered
20 Posts
before adjusting the valves, the piston has to be at full compession. i think its the t mark on the flywheel that lines up with the line on the case. you can feel whast it does as you turn the flywheel.... you'll hear the intake suck in and then line up the mark after that. no tourque settings that i know of. just make them quite snug. be very careful not to strip out the case when putting back in the case bolts... i think everyone of us has dones this before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.