PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends all have stock bikes and well... i wanna do a bore but i think it might be to much, i was thinking about doing a stroker crank to just get a little more torque, but i really have my heart set on a trailbikes 143 with v2 race head.... any thoughts, will this kit take away from the fun or will it be alot more fun to ride?

·
Registered
694 Posts
A 100 dollar 88 kit from dratv.com might be fun to put together if you enjoy that kind of thing, are skilled enouugh and have the time money tools and place to do it. but a stroker is serious work! alot more than a big bore

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
habitatrider1 said:
my friends all have stock bikes and well... i wanna do a bore but i think it might be to much, i was thinking about doing a stroker crank to just get a little more torque, but i really have my heart set on a trailbikes 143 with v2 race head.... any thoughts, will this kit take away from the fun or will it be alot more fun to ride?

Your stocker makes just over 5 hp. If you go with the TB 143/V2 head combo you'll more than double that power output.

Installing a crank is alot of work and there are many other things you could bolt on that will give you more power.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am splitting my case to put in a 4th gear shift drum and output shaft, so putting the stroker crank in is not much more work at all... a 143 would be fun, but only if my friends had 143 kits i think

·
Registered
458 Posts
yea i had a stroker in mine for a few months with everyting else stock its a little faster,its a good mod if your riding with stockers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet, thats what i was waiting to hear, if somebody else has actualy had a stock motor with a stroker crank, so is it a big difference? like if i dont tell my friends i installed one, will they be like "why is your bike so much faster out of the turns?" ahaha

·
Registered
624 Posts
Go for the 4th gear, stroker crank, output shaft, and star while its open. You'll be a little faster and ready for the bbk down the road. Besides, once they see they can wax their a$$ with the 143v2 they will buy one. All my friends and I said we were going to stay stock too. That didn't last. Now i'm the first to have a 155cc, 4th gear, and clutch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice, i really want a 143, im def doing the 4th gear, output shaft and the shift star, and stroker crank, and like you said when im ready for the big bore, i wont have to worry about the case....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Be a leader show ur buds the funner side of minis the really fast side!!! Its all bout flyin by the guy next to you so he's like dang that motor rips then he's just sayin ouch from the roost hahaha

·
Registered
357 Posts
robbieyukon said:
Go for the 4th gear, stroker crank, output shaft, and star while its open. You'll be a little faster and ready for the bbk down the road. Besides, once they see they can wax their a$$ with the 143v2 they will buy one. All my friends and I said we were going to stay stock too. That didn't last. Now i'm the first to have a 155cc, 4th gear, and clutch.

Why so much the 4th gear? Is it because of the crank?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
firepower354 said:
The arms race has got so out of control it's silly. You don't need more power, make the track tighter:D

its funny you say that because the track we do most of our riding at is a momentum track, so the stockers are just as fast as the bored bikes, except for one straight away....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.