PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up this 1982 ATC70 a month ago. Very fun machine. It will be a ton of fun in the winter.The 4 DOWN trans is hard to get used to. It came with a set of wheelie bars.:)

I have the back decal coming.

tmas

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dirttrackin280h said:
Good find. Looks like a Maier aftermarket front fender? How's the quality compared to the stock OEM plastic? Enjoy!
I have a brand new Maier fender set for it. The front fender is a Maier and it is slightly different in shape than the original fender and sits higher. The Rear one is a little more flimsy than the original Honda back fender and is not as strongly reinforced as the original. I have a back fender decal coming so when I get it I will install the back fender and snap some pics.

tmas

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
supernes550 said:
canadian model came with reflecters eh?

wonder why? not like honda equipped them with lights.
Ernesto......Yes the Canadian version came with reflectors on the forks and rear grab bar. Not sure why. The ones on my ATC are not original. They are reflectors for ZB front forks in red.:)

tmas

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
edmonster said:
what are your plans for this trike
Going to keep it stock for a while. I am going to do a CDI conversion on it and get rid of the points. Don't want to make it to nice because it is going to see mud and snow. I also like the Douglas rims & holeshot tires you can get for the ATC 70.:) :) This may be next.

tmas

HONDA CT70 ATC70 SS50 Z50 XL70 CDI Electronic Ignition:eBay Motors (item 110398658501 end time Jul-04-09 10:53:27 PDT)

Honda ATC70 70 8" wheels and tires rims mini Holeshots:eBay Motors (item 160341742380 end time Jun-19-09 18:00:51 PDT)

·
Registered
447 Posts
tmas said:
Going to keep it stock for a while. I am going to do a CDI conversion on it and get rid of the points. Don't want to make it to nice because it is going to see mud and snow. I also like the Douglas rims & holeshot tires you can get for the ATC 70.:) :) This may be next.

tmas

HONDA CT70 ATC70 SS50 Z50 XL70 CDI Electronic Ignition:eBay Motors (item 110398658501 end time Jul-04-09 10:53:27 PDT)

Honda ATC70 70 8" wheels and tires rims mini Holeshots:eBay Motors (item 160341742380 end time Jun-19-09 18:00:51 PDT)

if your gonna be going through mud and snow i wouldn't keep it stock, these things are pretty gutless stock

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
tmas said:
I picked up this 1982 ATC70 a month ago. Very fun machine. It will be a ton of fun in the winter.The 4 DOWN trans is hard to get used to. It came with a set of wheelie bars.:)

I have the back decal coming.

tmas

Very nice find! Looks to be in great shape. But that is not a wheelie bar, it's a "grab bar". But I kind of get the impression that you were joking.

dirttrackin280h said:
Good find. Looks like a Maier aftermarket front fender? How's the quality compared to the stock OEM plastic? Enjoy!
The quality of Maier plastics sucks! It is so flimsy, dull, and the colors are no where near as vibrant as OEM. It's just that Maier is a lot cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
edmonster said:
if your gonna be going through mud and snow i wouldn't keep it stock, these things are pretty gutless stock
I am used to riding a stock ZB (very gutless) and with the extra gear and 70cc it feels like it has twice the power of a ZB. It is okay for now....But, 88cc would be a great upgrade.

tmas

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know the 1982 did not have the bar pad but I picked one up in good shape. You have to change the bar clamps too.

tmas

·
Super Moderator
3,324 Posts
Wow nice pick up!! That thing is clean. Have big fun!

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. The pad is actually upside down in the above pics. Here is the way is should be. Surprised Z didn't notice. :) The bar clamps are stamped L & R.

tmas

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today I put a brand new Honda throttle cable, carburetor and air box. The NOS carb was from dratv $111. Woke the engine right up. Honda still stocks the throttle cable and the air cleaner housing which I purchased brand new, some of the rubbers in the old air filter housing had suffered dry rot. I have to say it runs perfect now after having a few carb issues.

tmas

I find most ATC carbs are missing the choke cap cover.

NOS carb link.

*OEM_HONDA CARB ATC70 78 TO 85 (CARB70) TRX70?

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a 1982 ATC manual and this is the options page. How hard are these to find?

tmas

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
tmas, i've never seen the optional mud guards before.

I would imagine they are very hard to come by. They look neat.

tmas said:
I have a 1982 ATC manual and this is the options page. How hard are these to find?

tmas

1 - 20 of 447 Posts