PlanetMinis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pitser Pro Mattafied me for the last time!

On my fourth try on this brand new z155 engine. Eight months( since Sturgis) of shipping engines,parts back and forth trying to get one to work.

Been lied to about it running when it left warehouse after they installed the 184cc and v2 head,low compression ,with decompressor gizmo (engine was off time by 5 teeth). Fixed it myself. Still had kick start problems.

Been lied to about the case being opened to look for stray broken clutch/starter gear teeth (found one behind the stator along with a lot metal shavings in the oil.).

Been sent the wrong part several times.

Been told the problem all along was a bad TB cam which had the sprocket keeper installed wrong.As of today the kickstarter still jams and will not turn it over.

Been on hold for hours.........Only to find they are out of the office.At a race. Change the message on the phone people!

They have tried,spoke to them a lot, they even included few upgraded parts, but upgraded parts on a non running engine does me no good.

Now I have been told today that the motor is not stock and is beyond the warranty So they will need to work through it. Which I guess means I'm screwed out of a refund. If they can't get it right after all those tries what makes them think I trust them for another? Not stock? They installed the aftermarket parts wrong,and the motor has only ran a minute? Out of warranty? It spent most of it days in your shop or in transit. Read the hone marks people! WTF!

My time is money. Swapping engines and parts hoping to fix their screwups is over. You had enough time to get it right but, fell through. Now I have to remove your new non running engine for a lessor lifan 140 to make a ride 05/12/2010 to the Blue ridge parkway.

Please refund my hard earned money on the engine and v2 head and 184cc kit, decompressor gizmo.

I will consider all the time I spent swapping engines,parts,on hold,on phone,taking pictures to send,shipping costs, missing rides as a learning experience.

And yes, I did keep spending money ((v2 head,184cckit,decompressor gizmo) with them even after the first 2 screw ups. I try to have faith in people. Perhaps I'm just a easy mark.

·
Registered
566 Posts
good luck! I feel your pain. It is hit or miss with the china motors. Sometimes you get a winner like the used 125 I got from tysonb on here 2.5 years ago that is still running strong. Sometimes you get a dud. Like the YX150 I have that came with a dead IRK and CDI out of the box ( my dealer did get me parts that worked though).

I wish you luck on the BRP ride and the refund.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pookiebear said:
good luck! I feel your pain. It is hit or miss with the china motors. Sometimes you get a winner like the used 125 I got from tysonb on here 2.5 years ago that is still running strong. Sometimes you get a dud. Like the YX150 I have that came with a dead IRK and CDI out of the box ( my dealer did get me parts that worked though).

I wish you luck on the BRP ride and the refund.

1 dud I can deal with. Three, no way. With the best hand at the shop swearing they ran it with it off 5 teeth. No [email protected]# way. Somebody is trying to cover for someone else's botched job.

But, I am expected to trust them to fix it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good News!

After flushing the engine with diesel and digging around in the stator hole i removed another chunk of broken gear and a bunch of metal shavings. It runs!

However, it does not feel like they installed the low compression piston. Still hard as hell to kick even with the decompression gismo

Waiting for it to cool down for another cycle of break in,before I test ride.

·
Registered
761 Posts
good luck with the engine, i hope for your sake that it holds up for awhile...

as for the company you are dealing with (PP) you live and learn and remember not to ever go back to them..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it ran great for about 5-10 minutes,but now runs like crap and has a bad knock.

I think they put the wrong piston in too. Betcha they did not set it up for low compression like I asked. I ran it with 89 octane which works great in my low compression Lifan 152.

Added octane boost to tank, but it did nothing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
racerx711 said:
good luck with the engine, i hope for your sake that it holds up for awhile...

as for the company you are dealing with (PP) you live and learn and remember not to ever go back to them..

$1300 ripoffs sure are hard to swallow.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't get any ideas that I'm sticking up for any company ... I'm neutral on that ... But did you check the cam indexing and timing in relation to the crank with a degree wheel and dial indicator ? ...

It IS possible for the sprocket flange to be pressed onto the cam out of whack from the factory ... I've seen it first hand ... So if it WAS so bad that it was 5 teeth out and the shop set it right by moving it over 5 teeth to get the lobes into the correct position and you've gone and set it back to the stock marks ... then the valves would have been hitting the piston (which would explain the hard kicking ... LOL) ... then it'd be all over for your engine in short order ... that could also explain the knocking after the short run time ...

IF that is the case the company you're dealing with should still have replaced the faulty cam with a known to be good one ... The cam manufacturer and whoever supplied you with it in the first place are at fault and should foot the repair bill ...

To insist on using a faulty cam is ridiculous on the part of whoever you were dealing with to do the repairs ... What a joke ...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pat Farsole said:
Don't get any ideas that I'm sticking up for any company ... I'm neutral on that ... But did you check the cam indexing and timing in relation to the crank with a degree wheel and dial indicator ? ...

It IS possible for the sprocket flange to be pressed onto the cam out of whack from the factory ... I've seen it first hand ... So if it WAS so bad that it was 5 teeth out and the shop set it right by moving it over 5 teeth to get the lobes into the correct position and you've gone and set it back to the stock marks ... then the valves would have been hitting the piston (which would explain the hard kicking ... LOL) ... then it'd be all over for your engine in short order ... that could also explain the knocking after the short run time ...

IF that is the case the company you're dealing with should still have replaced the faulty cam with a known to be good one ... The cam manufacturer and whoever supplied you with it in the first place are at fault and should foot the repair bill ...

To insist on using a faulty cam is ridiculous on the part of whoever you were dealing with to do the repairs ... What a joke ...

The second time the timing was just off bad. Off by 5-6 teeth and valve hitting piston. Luckily I spun it by hand and caught before kicking it.A simple mistake I can live with. Just cost me some time.I reset it and it spun over However, I was told it ran BEFORE IT LEFT THE SHOP. Liar's suck Harley Tail pipe in my book. It ended up munching starter gears and clutch teeth on bad kickbacks. Was bad cam I was told.Shipped it to them at my cost.

Which is what happened the third time. I was told that TB had a bad batch of cams and that was what caused the starter gears and clutch teeth to break off. They messed up by not spitting the case and getting all the crap out. I asked them to do it. Hell, they should have billed TB for the work.

When I called the tech about the crap behind the stator he asked me why I took the stator plate off. Seemed a little surprised I checked his work. I catch you lying once, I'm checking up on you!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Good luck getting any money as for the cam the ignition will cause kick back the cam can not change the piston location to spark relationship. These engines seem to have all the same issues as the YX

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I swapped to a lifan ORK ignition and it also has kickback on the big motors..its not just YX or Zongshen. There is definitely a technique to starting theses things.

·
Registered
369 Posts
chuckklr04 said:
Good News!

After flushing the engine with diesel and digging around in the stator hole i removed another chunk of broken gear and a bunch of metal shavings. It runs!

However, it does not feel like they installed the low compression piston. Still hard as hell to kick even with the decompression gismo

Waiting for it to cool down for another cycle of break in,before I test ride.
You are a good man,to have that much faith to run that motor after the chunk of metal and shavings. I wouldn't have tried to start it at all and would be looking into how i can get a refund. Who ever it is i hope they try to make it right with you.Money is not easy to come by these days.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes metal fragments can make their way into bearings and cause them to lock up and spin in the cases ...

There's definitely a technique to starting big bore /high compression engines ...

How are these guys gunna make the payments on their mortgage , yacht and Ferrari if they don't keep you comin' back and emptying your wallet into their bank account ????? ...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Please refund my hard earned money on the engine and v2 head and 184cc kit, decompressor gizmo.
Why would you add a 184 and V2 and then want a low compression piston? This is the same motor you road to Sturgis last year? I believe adding a BBK and V2 limits any type of warranty. Either way you can send me the motor and I will go through it, I most likely have parts here for any repair needed for that engine. Just pay shipping.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blackwoodz said:
Why would you add a 184 and V2 and then want a low compression piston? This is the same motor you road to Sturgis last year? I believe adding a BBK and V2 limits any type of warranty. Either way you can send me the motor and I will go through it, I most likely have parts here for any repair needed for that engine. Just pay shipping.

Wanted easier start,easier on engine, run on 87 octane ( can't always get 93). Still wanted a little more power.

No. I rode a lifan 140 to SD. Will be riding the same motor rebuilt with a 152 kit by me to North Carolina via the Blue ridge Parkway next week. Was hoping for a little more cruise speed:rolleyes:.

True on the warranty, however, when the engine company installs defective parts, or installs wrong causing other damage then lies about the work done, who pays?

Looks like me.

Thanks for the offer,but Fatcaat already offered and I'm sending it to him.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
swheels said:
You are a good man,to have that much faith to run that motor after the chunk of metal and shavings. I wouldn't have tried to start it at all and would be looking into how i can get a refund. Who ever it is i hope they try to make it right with you.Money is not easy to come by these days.

I had no choice. Was told Thursday that a refund was not a option, and we would work through it.Problem is "We" have been "working through it" for 3 shipping's. After catching the Tech lying twice I felt betrayed and cast aside.

I was just a dumbass with a PayPal account.

If a Chevy dealer can't fix your car after 3 tries, and leaves it in worse shape than the start,lies about what was done, what would you do?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.