PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skinny guys need not apply!!! jk

Im kind of a heavy guy, well 255 lbs. And im starting im kinda wondering what pressures bigger guys run. There is about 27 lbs of air in the tire now which is good because it doesnt squat anymore. But I feel like I am losing some advantage when im doing circles to the decreased surface area. If anybody has had experience with something similar that would be great.

thanks, Matt

·
Registered
414 Posts
crowbar said:
Skinny guys need not apply!!! jk

Im kind of a heavy guy, well 255 lbs. And im starting im kinda wondering what pressures bigger guys run. There is about 27 lbs of air in the tire now which is good because it doesnt squat anymore. But I feel like I am losing some advantage when im doing circles to the decreased surface area. If anybody has had experience with something similar that would be great.

thanks, Matt

I'm 6'3" 240#'s and i run 20 in both tires of my X4....any lower and it would pinch a front tube sometimes

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well since your bigger I would keep more air in, obviously. Just sit on it and look down lol you can tell if its to flat or to full, I dont know aout PSI though. the flatter the better for wheelies, BUT to flat is obviously not good and can bend your rim and pop your tube

·
Registered
432 Posts
i used to run 15psi, but flat tires were a problem. i now run 20psi front and rear and its holding up fine. i weight 155lbs...so u might need some more. make sure u have a rim lock.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I run pretty high pressure (I don't use a gauge cause my gauge wont fit the 50 wheel lol)

But when I first learned I ran really low pressure, but as I got better I realized low pressure held me back..

It's nice cause low pressure makes it easier to keep it up and balanced, but once you start doing fast circles and stuff, the low pressure makes the bike ride unpredictably

edit: same with my sport bike, started running 15-18psi, now I always run 28-32

1 - 10 of 10 Posts