PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

What should I train when I'm on the track. Tips on things I should think about when I drive, instead of just running as fast as I can around the track.

I do not train anything special when I'm on the track. Just trying to run as fast as I can and as long as possible.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kawasakicoby125 said:
Just practice good tecnique first. When u go fast most people get sloppy with it.

OK, what do you mean with good tecnique? One think im trying to do is pushing knees and legs to the bike :p Have driven al winter on a frozen lake so I'm bit better in turns now :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Monstret said:
OK, what do you mean with good tecnique? One think im trying to do is pushing knees and legs to the bike :p Have driven al winter on a frozen lake so I'm bit better in turns now :D

huggin the bikes with y0ur knees!

Keep your head up everywhere never looked down, eyes always looking at the next obstacle!

head and shoulders back in corners!

elbowsup helps with bike control.

throttle control

breathe

try standing up alot!

theirs alot more just pm me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
klxrider245 said:
huggin the bikes with y0ur knees!

Keep your head up everywhere never looked down, eyes always looking at the next obstacle!

head and shoulders back in corners!

elbowsup helps with bike control.

throttle control

breathe

try standing up alot!

theirs alot more just pm me!

post more up here! A lot of people are interested in......

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
In corners weight on the outside as much as possible. Lean back slightly wile standing up, get on the front tire in the entries of the corner, and get tracking ot of it, when flat tracking lean forward and use ur feet on the pegs to strear the rear of the bike. Andthe above ones listed

·
Registered
137 Posts
just work on whatever your weak spot is. Jumps? flat corners? sandy berms? whoops? Whatever it is , go back and ride it over and over trying to concentrate on good technique and then speed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
seth399 said:
just work on whatever your weak spot is. Jumps? flat corners? sandy berms? whoops? Whatever it is , go back and ride it over and over trying to concentrate on good technique and then speed.

not just doing something over and over...BUT, continue to ride the WHOLE track.. slow down and pay more attention on the parts of the line that are most dificult, once you have it PERFECT at a moderate speed, go faster&faster

preloading is key to going fast through tough sections*

timing, and using your suspention to your advantage..

you'll realize once you get your technique and style in, and your comfertable on your bike, you'll be able to go through sections of the track faster, and smoother then you thought..

and it will feel amazing :wink:

lol

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Ok, heres ol Specials tips lol:

Try and break the track up into sections and practice getting through each faster. And by faster..I guess I really mean smoother. I have found that instead of going balls to the wall its sometimes faster to slow down and be smooth. Try to ride at a pace that you can lay down 15-20 laps with. You dont have to keep the bike tapped out everywhere, just cruise at a good speed. Another thing i see people doing is charging corner WIDE OPEN, and sliding in and coming to almost a complete stop. Try slowing down a little earlier, and getting on the gas sooner. Sometimes you need to slow down to go faster. STAND UP as long as you can into corners. Remeber that you should either be braking, or on the gas. Dont let off the brake untill your ready to apply throttle, and dont let off the throttle untill you need to apply the brakes. Hang on with your knees, this can help out BIG TIME with arm pump. When in ruts (and in most other situations) look way ahead. If you start looking down and trying to access you will mess up. If you stay on your feet and the gas, look ahead, and keep the front wheel light, you can get over/through ANYTHING. Especially in whoops. If you look down to see where your front wheel will hit, chances are you'll mess up. Its like walking a straight line. Look down and try to walk it, then try focusing on something past the line. You'l find its much eaiser. REMEMBER TO BREATH! (in through nose, out through mouth). Ride/race the track, not the other riders. Hope ths helps!

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
-kness sqeezed and tight to the bike

-grip mostly with knees will keep arm pump down and save your hands from cramping/pumping

-toes pointed in so there is NO gap between the frame and your boots

-elbows up

-look FORWARD not down

-high RPMs in every corner

-bike control and throttle control

-BREATHING concentrate on this, will keep arm pump down as well as heart rate

-no back brake going into ruts, or very little at least, front brake will set your bike better and hold it in the line a lot better if you drag it a little

-find a nice rut at the track and practice ruts, DO NOT dab or touch your foot go through smooth with your leg up

-do a couple laps standing only to get used to that

-take your back brake pedal off or if you dont feel safe with that, leave it on but do a couple laps or sections using your front brake ONLY

-NO throttle blipping, keep the gas on as far as you can into a corner,let off, brake and then gas back on

theres lots more but these are the basics

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try to carry your speed. What does that mean? Don't slow down in the corners, brake early and then try to hold more speed in the corner by being just slightly on the gas and maintaining your momentum. The bike will handle better under slight throttle and trying to float both wheels in the corner for maximum corner speed. They you are already slightly on the gas so getting back on under full power does not change the attitude of the bike as much. When done right is looks like you kinda never slowing down and are just smoothly carving around the track.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Special~K said:
Ok, heres ol Specials tips lol:

Try and break the track up into sections and practice getting through each faster. And by faster..I guess I really mean smoother. I have found that instead of going balls to the wall its sometimes faster to slow down and be smooth. Try to ride at a pace that you can lay down 15-20 laps with. You dont have to keep the bike tapped out everywhere, just cruise at a good speed. Another thing i see people doing is charging corner WIDE OPEN, and sliding in and coming to almost a complete stop. Try slowing down a little earlier, and getting on the gas sooner. Sometimes you need to slow down to go faster. STAND UP as long as you can into corners. Remeber that you should either be braking, or on the gas. Dont let off the brake untill your ready to apply throttle, and dont let off the throttle untill you need to apply the brakes. Hang on with your knees, this can help out BIG TIME with arm pump. When in ruts (and in most other situations) look way ahead. If you start looking down and trying to access you will mess up. If you stay on your feet and the gas, look ahead, and keep the front wheel light, you can get over/through ANYTHING. Especially in whoops. If you look down to see where your front wheel will hit, chances are you'll mess up. Its like walking a straight line. Look down and try to walk it, then try focusing on something past the line. You'l find its much eaiser. REMEMBER TO BREATH! (in through nose, out through mouth). Ride/race the track, not the other riders. Hope ths helps!

nice post.lol :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good tips guys. Will try to think of those things you mentioned on the next workout. I have always armpump the first half hour when I run, I'll try to take it easy and pressing the knees against the frame.

I think I drive fast but I want that little extra and I think you said it will help much.

Right now the track is not so difficult at all. But we will rebuild it soon and then it will become much more difficult.

In the curves, should I try to stand up as long as I can and then sit down and put the weight forward to get more grip? Right now I just stand up when it's very rough and put weight on the front wheel when I drive in sand so it wont slide out.

It's not often I use the rear brake, just some times :p

Thanks alot guys!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
One thing I seldom see people give a tip about is when you are pretty good on the bike try to use akward corners! Go inside where you normally go inside and so on. Remember there is at least 3 tracks in a corner. Inside, Outside and in the middle.

You will then be able to go fast in traffic aswell!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts