PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my problem and hopefully you mini gurus can help. I got a tired xr50 motor for a cafe racer moped build that i am doing. It previously had a takegawa big bore and oil pump installed but it smoked like a mother. I just put a stage 2 TB big bore kit in it and it sounds awesome. no smoke, plenty of compression, starts right up and idles great. The only problem now is there is a rattling sound coming from the left side of the motor ( it was there with the tak kit as well). I am fairly certain it is the timing chain because i saw marks from it rubbing on the old big bore jug. I pulled the tensioner and it looks like its the updated version with the holes in it and all the pieces are there. I put it back in and it seemed to quiet the rattle down a tiny tiny bit but its definitly still there.

So, should i replace the whole chain? the motor has been beaten pretty well so it it possible that it could have stretched. Or should i look somehwere else? Help me! lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
you should replace the chain cam sprocket roller and tensioner spring. i have had to do it to a few old motors
Hello is there a video or tutorial out there on how to do this ..
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.