PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to start modding my 110 and came across this video on YouTube, haven’t heard of doing this but I’d have to think it’s a plus. I’m really curious if the bigger exhaust systems would be better than the pc4 or stock, what are your guys opinions?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Depends on what you want in terms of power and power delivery. The stock carb will take you pretty far. I run a stock carb on my 143 with a FMF 4.1 Exhaust, U-Flow, and Race cam. My riding style and ability doesn't require a large carb and that power band, so I never spent the money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I want to keep the stock bore of the 110 until it’s time to go bigger, but I do want more power out of it. I’ve read all over that the 4.1, pro circuit, etc, (all the big pipes) are a little large for stock bore so you’ll lose some down low and gain up top. I don’t really want to lose down low as I’m trying to learn to ride wheelies and the low end grunt helps. But I also don’t want to buy a pc4 and then buy a better pipe down the road. I guess I’m looking to see what you guys think the bike would be like with the bigger carb, u-flow and a bigger pipe? I have to gain power from it but will I still lose a little down low if I went this route?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, like stated above I want to keep the stock bore 110. I’m basically looking for complementary mods for the big bore without doing the big bore yet. I also said I don’t want to buy the pc4 and then a better pipe down the road, because like you said there is $200 wasted on the pc4 if I did. Here’s my thought... if I get a pipe like the pro circuit or yoshi, buy a bbr u flow and the carb I posted at the beginning of this thread there is 3 good mods to support a big bore kit for when the time comes and I want to install said big bore kit. My question is if I go with a bigger than stock pipe the carb and a u flow am I still going to lose power down low because of the pipe or will the u flow and bigger carb make up for the loss of power in the bottom of the rpms?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And is the loss of power at bottom end because of the pipe even worth worrying about because of overall gain it gives? Is there even really a loss to begin with? Lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, now I really like the pro circuit T-6 but it’s out of stock on Tbolt and faster minis but I see faster minis does have the bills pipe in stock, what makes them worth $500? I feel that’s hard to justify.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I rode a my 110 stock bore for many years with a FMF Factory 4.1, Jetted accordingly, with the stock air box and a race cam and its an excellent set up. The race cam really changes the power delivery and brings back that low end the KLX doesn't have to begin with, in my opinion.

I can't imagine paying anything for the Bills pipe, I think they're uglier than hell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you like the 4.1? I have the bbr air intake on the way because I want to get rid of the stock air box, a cam definitely isint out of the question for me either, I know that’ll give the bike more pep. What’s the install like is there any posts on the forum? if this mikuni carb is worth it in the end too I’m going to give that a try. I have jets and an adjustable needle sitting at the house for the stock carb, only thing I need to grab is an exhaust. I don’t like the looks of the bills pipe either but I can get over looks if it’s the best performer, if it’s lighter than all others and produces a hair more of power than them too that’s worth it to me. But does it check those two boxes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also is Tbolt’s piranha pipe worth thinking about? It’s mad cheap and says it’s similar to the t-6...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on the post. I ended up grabbing the bills pipe. I admit I do not like the look of it online but, man this things actually sick. The welds are super clean and the pipe looks nice! A lot louder that I thought it would be, paired with the u flow the bike feels a little better than stock like imagined, gained maybe 1 hp. Stock exhaust and air box definitely does choke up the bike a good bit based off but dyno. My main jet is now a #100 stock was a #78. Still using stock pilot jet, I didn’t even check to see what that was, should have. And I’m using an adjustable needle running the clip one slot up from bottom. Plug is reading great, bike is feeling great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update again, yesterday bike did feel great but was mostly under full throttle, did a little cruising after I posted yesterday and the bike did not like it. When in 4th after decel, slightly rolling on throttle the bike would want to bog out and almost die. So, I tore it all apart again today and changed the pilot jet. Stock was a 40, so I went up to a 42. Put it all back together and then it wouldn’t idle. Especially when I put the choke on, that would kill it. so I messed around with the 2 screws and got it to idle. Let it warm up and drove it around, felt good but still had a slight bog when barely on throttle. Once more I tore it apart, this time I moved the clip up two positions. (It’s now one down from the top) Now, knock on wood the bog is completely gone. It doesn’t love to idle now, it idles nice for a few seconds then gets a little low and choppy and then picks back up but it runs a lot better. Going to keep tinkering around see if I can get it to idle smooth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 updates in one day? Why not, turns out bike was really rich with the #42, probably why it didn’t love idling and the carb would kill it, too much gas. After almost fouling the plug the bike started to get a little boggy when cracking open throttle fast. So we went back to the factory #40, main jet is still #100 and clip is still in same position 1 slot down from top. Didn’t get much ride time after going back to 40 as it started raining but it idles better now and there is no bog so far...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts