PlanetMinis Forums banner

This seems like a good deal on a repro hardtail tank...

899 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  98LS1Z-28 
#1 ·
#3 ·
mexicanyella said:
...although the outfit's business name makes me want to either pinch the bridge of my nose or make a rapid repeated back-and-forth motion with my wrist. There are hardtail tanks with the round badge indentations (K0-K1) about two-thirds of the way down, in red/silver, blue/silver or chrome, for about $130....

Pit Bikes, Kids ATV, Cheap Go Kart, Rhino Clone UTVs, Cheap 50cc Scooter, 110cc ATV, SSR 150cc Scooter, Cheap go Kart Cart, 4 Wheelers for Kids

Probably the same one CHP sells. And Killer Motorsports is one of the worst companies in this business.

#4 ·
CHP certainly has a more tasteful and informative Web site, but aren't they around $200 from CHP? And this outfit says free shipping on orders over $99. I wanted to think this was a bonus for having to deal with that dumbass name.

Killer Motorsports is probably the cheesiest name ever, already a few strikes against them right there in my book, but in what way are they bad? Getting orders wrong, not delivering at all, hidden charges, or what? All of the above?

The first thing I wondered when I found--and choked my way through--that page was, "those look like the tanks on the CHP site, but they're a lot less expensive. I wonder if the quality is different or not...?"

Follow up quiz:

Despite what he thought was an attractive price on those hardtail tanks, Mexicanyella was somewhat turned off by the name "Killer Motorsports."

__ True

__ False

#6 ·
mexicanyella said:
CHP certainly has a more tasteful and informative Web site, but aren't they around $200 from CHP? And this outfit says free shipping on orders over $99. I wanted to think this was a bonus for having to deal with that dumbass name.

Killer Motorsports is probably the cheesiest name ever, already a few strikes against them right there in my book, but in what way are they bad? Getting orders wrong, not delivering at all, hidden charges, or what? All of the above?

The first thing I wondered when I found--and choked my way through--that page was, "those look like the tanks on the CHP site, but they're a lot less expensive. I wonder if the quality is different or not...?"

Follow up quiz:

Despite what he thought was an attractive price on those hardtail tanks, Mexicanyella was somewhat turned off by the name "Killer Motorsports."

__ True

__ False

1. 4 complaints to the BBB in the last 12 months. People have to be pretty angry to turn you in to the BBB.

2. Check out the lift in their service department.

Killer Motorsports Pit Bike Service Shop! Meet our mechanics! Located in Fort Worth/Dallas, Texas. Bring your pit bike, dirt bike, atv, honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki or china product in today for service. We do it all!

3. Terrible reputation for having little to no customer service if you run into issues. This goes back years.

Good luck if you deal with them.

#9 ·
They may have some CHP "like" products, but I wouldn't put them in the same category as CHP. He has been great for things I have needed/ordered in the past. But mainly I have sourced my parts from AHP and other vendors to avoid taxes as I live in TX...and share the same state.

#12 ·
Yeah, but if it's as Z says, if the deal went bad, you'd have a lot farther to travel in order to set things right with a "Walking Tall" moment, swinging the old ash-handle and knocking shop equipment this way and that, as terrified Killer Motorsports staffers--not killers at all, as it turns out--scurried into the mop closet to cower in fear and offer you gifts to appease you.

#13 ·
mexicanyella said:
Yeah, but if it's as Z says, if the deal went bad, you'd have a lot farther to travel in order to set things right with a "Walking Tall" moment, swinging the old ash-handle and knocking shop equipment this way and that, as terrified Killer Motorsports staffers--not killers at all, as it turns out--scurried into the mop closet to cower in fear and offer you gifts to appease you.

as long as they shipped the "gifts" to my place for free ( aka:tributes to an angry god of war)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.