PlanetMinis Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I wish forums were still the "in" thing. I recently bought a crf50 and have gained a vast amount of information from reading this and many other forums. However, after joining a few days ago, I have realised that many of the post are well over 4 years old. Its sad, but I have seen the same thing happen to R/C car forums as well.

· Super Moderator
4,503 Posts
I wish forums were still the "in" thing. I recently bought a crf50 and have gained a vast amount of information from reading this and many other forums. However, after joining a few days ago, I have realised that many of the post are well over 4 years old. Its sad, but I have seen the same thing happen to R/C car forums as well.
True that. There still is no substitute for the collection of experience and knowledge you can get places like this. Unfortunately, the information here is going to be lost if there are not enough users to support it. There is stuff on other social media sites, but it is spread out so far that you have to do a lot more hunting. Support what you care about or it may go away.

· Registered
38 Posts
I must be mega old school. I have never had a Facebook account, and don't ever plan to. I will not be assimilated! I might be lonely though.

I've mostly just been a lurker here,(I didn't even join until recently), but I too have seen many other once great forums dry up. The forum that I participate in most is the grassrootsmotorsports.com forum. It's hanging in there with a decent size community of regulars that are helpful and constructive, but even there it's becoming a bunch of grey beards.

· Registered
355 Posts
I agree that more people are converting to Facebook

It's funny how people whinge and moan that the scene is dead , or this site is slow , but how many of those people actually have started a current thread and posted pictures ?
How many of those people have actually taken the time to post on someone else's thread ?
it seems people are quick to be negative and take the time to post on a thread like this , but they will not take the time to post on someone else's thread , or start a new thread to contribute to making the site more active and help keep the scene kicking.

I used to take the time to upload riding pictures to photo bucket , and then post them on here , this would take a fair amount of time.
I wouldn't get very many likes and next to no comments , I gave up and stopped posting.

· Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I don't have pc access very often or I'd be posting a lot more. I've had a lot going on lately...a bit of it mini related haha. I bought a fixer upper z50 for my son. I'm gonna clean it up and give it to him for easter. It's gonna be his first dirtbike. A few days after buying it a big windstorm comes through and picks my storage building up, and tosses it. Completely destroyed, everything in it was still in the exact spot I left it the night before. But now it's all in the house. Also I went for a little trail ride over the weekend to try to get my head straight. Yes I trail ride my stunted 50 with street tires and all. I think I'm gonna go back to dirt tires though, I don't really stunt anymore. The 88kit with race head and all may have been just a bit too much for that haha.
Road Asphalt Sky Infrastructure Windscreen wiper
Vehicle Automotive exterior Roof Wood Grass
Vehicle City car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Tire Motorcycle Automotive tire Adventure

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.