PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is it everyone. Monday September 6th is our 4HR fun endurance race. We will be practicing all morning until 12pm. Lunch will be from 12pm - 1pm. Endurance racing will start promptly after lunch. Get your team set prior to the event as NJ MiniGP will not be pairing riders up the day of. We will be exhibiting all weekend at the AMA races, so you can come see us at our booth at the bottom of the entrance bridge. Also, let's all remember that this is indeed minibike racing and Honda will not be in the stands looking to sign the next Hayden. :D Stick within the displacement rules and have a great time.

Team Rules:

• [li]4 riders per team

max 2 bikes per team

BIKES MUST BE NO LARGER THAN 150CC AIR COOLED 4STROKE OR 65CC 2STROKE (liquid or air cooled)

Any larger bikes will be disqualified

Le Mans Start

Mandatory rider change every half hour

Must have a cool team name...LOL!

One Transponder per team (transponder rentals provided by F1 Karting)[/li]

Fee Structure:

• [li]$80 per rider if you are already a member and you preregister

$90 if you are a member and you register the day of

$90 plus $10 day membership if your not a member and you register the day of[/li]

At the track Registration opens at 8am Monday morning. MANDATORY RIDERS MEETING IS AT 9am.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
geezer said:
Why such a high entry fee? thats crazy!

I could not think of a more inappropriate post from someone who has not yet even been to one of my events. Im going to hold back my glaring desire to rip this one open.

If you had any idea of what it took to put on a real 4hr endurance event of this caliber where you have the opportunity to race alongside half of the current AMA Supersport, Sportbike, and Superbike grid maybe I would justify these types of posts with a detailed reponse.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Ryan NJ said:
I could not think of a more inappropriate post from someone who has not yet even been to one of my events. Im going to hold back my glaring desire to rip this one open.

If you had any idea of what it took to put on a real 4hr endurance event of this caliber where you have the opportunity to race alongside half of the current AMA Supersport, Sportbike, and Superbike grid maybe I would justify these types of posts with a detailed reponse.
That's his opinion and he's free to express it. If you can't handle that you shouldn't be an organizer, promoter, or whatever you are.

With that being said, I'm going to try to make this event as a spectator. It seems like a blast!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right 50-50. I guess that's a hot button for me. It's that type of attitude that keeps the sport down. If you look around at the mini racing clubs you'll see that none of them make money. They all basically exist to provide a series for the people who want it. Then you get someone who has a brain fart and no brain to mouth filter who starts a tone around the community that didnt need to be started.

This event will be a fundraiser for Xavier Zayat and Peter Lenz, so we are getting a great reponse. I just want to keep everything positive.

Thanks for saying you plan on coming out. I think you'll have a blast just being there. Make sure you come talk to me.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was wondering about the entry fee, too. Not with disrespect in mind, but because I'm not familiar with this type of event. I know events take a lot of effort to put on. Any light you could shed...just to curb my curiosity would be great.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Tracks here in Jersey charge a lot per rider and they get all the dough. Insurance is most likely the cause. If you compare the costs of riding with MiniGP to riding a big bike track day (In Jersey) you'll see how great this mini racing is dollar for dollar. Not to mention the track time you get.

As for the 4hr Endurance race, this is going to be a great time and a chance of a lifetime to ride with the pro's and show them what you got. The kids are really pumped to be rubbing elbows with there idols and how good are they gonna feel when they pass some of them???:D

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
geezer said:
Why such a high entry fee? thats crazy!

Come on out and see why this is the best bang for your buck anywhere in Road Racing............ Hands Down!!! Really.;):D

doopsx3 said:
wow..4hr endurance...I wonder what Japanese bike is going to win this one...lol

CRF 150F is a hard bike to beat. Easy to ride and very fast in the right hands. It has proven it self numerous times this year.

T Bolt USA said:
This Venue is amazing.

Thanks Vince. This is gonna be an EPIC Weekend for NJ MiniGP you should come on out!:cool:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Hey,Wasnt trying to offend for sure. I like to race and when i do its usually $25 to $45 sighn up fee. I didnt give it much thought.But $100 dose seem high. Ive been out of racing for a very long time! I have 3 kids and ONE income so what im used to it seemed high. Im sure track fees alone are much higher at such a big name place.When i get some brakes on my little flattracker,Ill come try it out.Please dont beat me up.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Ryan NJ said:
You're right 50-50. I guess that's a hot button for me. It's that type of attitude that keeps the sport down. If you look around at the mini racing clubs you'll see that none of them make money. They all basically exist to provide a series for the people who want it. Then you get someone who has a brain fart and no brain to mouth filter who starts a tone around the community that didnt need to be started.

This event will be a fundraiser for Xavier Zayat and Peter Lenz, so we are getting a great reponse. I just want to keep everything positive.

Thanks for saying you plan on coming out. I think you'll have a blast just being there. Make sure you come talk to me.
I understand you get emotional when there is personal time and effort involved and it's for something you are passionate about. But in the end opinions are like a-holes. And on forums talk is cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts