PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a street legal Ssr125 pitbike but after taking a spin on my friends Grom, I really want one. So much smoother and more reliable than a pitbike. Best of all, no more carbs to deal with.

My girlfriend and me are going to get out tonight on one and if she likes it I am going to pull the trigger. Wish us luck! :D

Jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good luck. I have a 2014 GROM and 6 other minibikes. I love riding the GROM. Compared to my CRFs and TTRs, the GROM is very smooth and stable. It puts a smile on my face every time I ride it. Plus, there are now tons of mods for the GROM. You are going to love it!

DSCN3640.JPG

·
Registered
202 Posts
i love my grom too, ia lso have a 2014. the only problem is my extra money is now going to it, and my z50 builds are gathering dust..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stock GROM is 125cc... around $3K new.... Goes to 55 mph. 4 speed (1N234). However, there's a ton of MODS for it (BBK, cam, PCV, etc).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a fun ride yesterday and had a couple hour talk about it and unfortunately I will not be getting a grom.

The two main reasons why are; 1) the cost and 2) the difficulty in transporting it.

I can throw my Ssr in the back of my Scion TC and drive whereas with the grom I would need to figure out another way to move it. We both love riding it and had a blast getting out together but at this point it is just not worth it for us.

Maybe we will be onboard with the Grom's once they start to drop in price a bit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Get a hitch on the scion ,pick up a motorcycle carrier on eBay .
I did this with the family mini van and it opened a bunch of doors to get other bikes to the track

·
Registered
529 Posts
I picked one up last week saturday and this week saturday it looks nothing like it did when I brought it home lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
Here's one ..I've seen it in person it's sweet. fs: anyone want a grom? with $1000+ of parts on it « on: August 05, 2014, 06:06:40 PM » if anyone wants a grom: ~800mi, clean title, street legal, all street parts -fresh 100/120 nsr-sized bridgestones -protaper low bar -sportbikelites rearsets (and a set and a half of spares) -braided front brake line -ohlins fork kit installing this week!!! -safety wired drain/fill $3800? cheaper than dealer, and with a lot more goodys. open to mini trades where i get more than 2k cash...

http://www.njminigp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4459.msg19519#new

1 - 9 of 9 Posts