PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
five0addict said:
still seems way overpriced to me, just lever, cable and mount for70?

just use your foot like everyone else.
Im with fiveo IMO I think those things are a joke ,buy an extended brake lever if the brake pedal is too small for ya or ya just wanna spend some dough.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
If you have the stock swingarm you can make your own for about thirty bucks.Just order a replacement barkbuster bracket from parts unlimited or tucker rocky.Drill it for the cable, and get a rear brake cable from an

old honda scooter like an aero 50.Get any cheap clutch perch/lever and make it work.I made one for my Z50 wheelie bike it works great. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
z88R said:
Do yourself a favor and don't purchase anything from that loser. He's as crooked as they come.

Thanks for the info Z88R, and Kaos! Thats what I was wanting to know. I sent him an email asking about availability, etc. to see how quickly he would respond, and havent heard from him yet. This is usually my "test" before I purchase from places Im not sure about. So far he has failed anyhow. :lol: The other part that put me in caution mode was the fact that, that picture is the same one thats on the PRC site.

Hey goinonfiddy, do you have any pics of your setup? Id really like to see some.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
http://planetminis.com/modules/gallery/albums/album30/IMG_1126.thumb.jpg
[/url]

if this helps you any.all i had to do was shorten the outer cable sleeve a bit with a dremel and a small cut off wheel.it works really well.the braking action feels stronger than with the pedal in the dirt or doing wheelies with your feet off the pegs.i can wheelie with my legs over the bars without worrying about going over. :lol:

·
Registered
208 Posts
RacingRice said:
Wheelies! Thats exactly why Id like to have one. Thanks for the pics. I'll have to take a look at it and see what I can come up with. Thanks again goinonfiddy.

meh, thats the same thing i thought, till i started practicing with the foot brake, now i can wheelie down my whole block. :) in working on making it around the block now.

you just gotta train yourself to use it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cant, Im to use to riding BMX and mountain bikes. I grab the front brakes when I start going back to far. Its just habit for all of these years of riding bicycles. Im fine with the foot brake just riding, but the wheelies are what get me. I feel like Im on a bicycle and I react the same way I would on a bicycle. I may even put the rear hand brake on the right side.

·
Registered
208 Posts
RacingRice said:
I cant, Im to use to riding BMX and mountain bikes. I grab the front brakes when I start going back to far. Its just habit for all of these years of riding bicycles. Im fine with the foot brake just riding, but the wheelies are what get me. I feel like Im on a bicycle and I react the same way I would on a bicycle. I may even put the rear hand brake on the right side.

NEVER SAY YOU CANT, YOU CAN!! trust me, hell this is my first motorcycle of any kind, so if i can do it, YOU CAN do it.

same shit here bro, you just gotta PRACTICE, get the bike up real quick, then use your brake, to slam it back down, just keep doing that man. I WAS THE SAME WAY, trust me. mtn bikes, bmx bikes you name it.

hell i even made a rear handbrake set up, but it didnt work too good. so i shit canned it, and trained myself to use the foot brake.

even when your not riding the 50 practice tapping your right foot, thats what i did, now im a wheelie'ing machine. :) PRACTICE TAPPING, it may look stupid, but it works!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
five0addict said:
well youve grown up scince then, what you ride more now minimx or bmx?

Im 25. I can ride whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want to do it. I ride the fiddy, BMX style a lot more then Minimx. :roll: I didnt ask what I should use, I asked for information about the product.

The brake being on my foot doesnt work to well for Highchair wheelies. :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually I was doing high chairs last night. They werent great, but about 10-15 yards. Once you hit the balance point it just kinda hangs there, its a little easier then I thought it would be.

I just keep practicing, everyday I get a little better.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, just sit all the way back almost on the Fender and throw your feet up on the bars. I was doing them in second gear.

The highchair stoppie is a different story, the regular ones are a lot easier. It came up a lot easier with the stock bars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.