PlanetMinis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Is Medina still around? I was supposed to buy some wheels from them, but no one ever got back to me. Did they hang it up?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
sageone said:
Is Medina still around? I was supposed to buy some wheels from them, but no one ever got back to me. Did they hang it up?

Oh I assure you Medina is still around... We figured we talked enough. Verses talking and raising the "hype" as it has been called....we'd rather just shut up until we put up the next Generation of Medina beasts ;) Its coming fellas...

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Special~K said:
Oh I assure you Medina is still around... We figured we talked enough. Verses talking and raising the "hype" as it has been called....we'd rather just shut up until we put up the next Generation of Medina beasts ;) Its coming fellas...
but are they still selling parts ? the guy wanted wheels??

·
Registered
235 Posts
How do you know what I have or dont have? Forget me take those pictures to a real machine shop and ask them what they think of the modifications. The engineering your so excited about is something anyone can do with a 145 mig welder from Harbor freight and metal stock from the metal ben at home depot.

Any entry level welder can tell you that.

AHRMA361 said:
Yeah....but you are.....

And apparently don't have much of an engineering background...."in my opinion".

Go do some work on your own and produce a bike that maybe somebody will pay "under $1500 bucks for"....with the goodies....;)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
miniguy said:
How do you know what I have or dont have? Forget me take those pictures to a real machine shop and ask them what they think of the modifications. The engineering your so excited about is something anyone can do with a 145 mig welder from Harbor freight and metal stock from the metal ben at home depot.

Any entry level welder can tell you that.

Ok princess :lmao: did it ever occur to you that it is totally irrelevant what those welds look like??? Do you think Im actually gonna weld 60 of these bikes up like this before they sell? NO. It doesn't matter if it is held together with bubble gum and duct tape as long as China gets the picture and can make the necessary adjustments. And Im sorry, the company that Medina goes through unfortunately is fresh out of harbor freights and mig welders. As for the the linkage reinforcements they ARE Tig welded on this bike, but the entire tab will be one piece, (thicker) on the production bike. :fing02: It amazes me to think that there are douche bags like you that search out threads just to start trouble. I bet your eventually gonna turn into one of those old bags that sit on the front porch all day calling the cops on any skate boarder, bmx'er , or motorcyclist that has too loud of pipes on their bikes. Stop hating bro....if you don't like what we are doing, you are encouraged to go to another vendor. We dont want/need you.....k? My mods have worked just fine for testing purposes and have held up through some 60-70ft + landings. (See video if you dont believe). Im sorry we haven't updated this thread lately, but its like I said. We are tired of talking, and would rather produce before saying anything more. I personally just had ACL reconstruction and have been layed up for over a week now. I thank you sir, I woke up hurting this morning...and you pointless, tasteless, douchebag like comment has taken my mind off the pain. Thank you!

P.s. If you look through the paper that you got your harbor freight price quote from....you'll see Winn-Dixi has a special on hater-aid this week...might wanna stock up! :squintfinger: Your comments and opinions are encouraged...but you dont have to be a dick. All I claimed to do was make the bike except crf70 plastics and reinforce the lnkage mounts.....I never said I was re-engineering the whole bike.

Forgive me if I am a little irate miniguy....Im dealing with a lot of pain right now. No need for a comment like that...we are just trying to make something that is good even better. And when you spend your own personal time/money on something and your bashed for it...kinda hits a nerve....you know?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
DEMONDAVE said:
but are they still selling parts ? the guy wanted wheels??

Yes, we have a limited supply of a few random Gen3 parts, which are being cleared out now to make room for the Gen3 stuff. If Im not mistaken, he was offered a set of Gen3 wheels, but didnt want them. He would rather a set of the new 7000 series billet hubs/wheels that will be on the Gen4 (which I dont blame him ;)...but unfortunately we dont have those in stock yet. Once the Gen4 stuff is ready, Medina will be moving forward with a parts department of their own (yes, at the good ol Medina prices) that will satisfy any of their customer needs from Gen4 forward ;). In the meantime....should anyone need Gen3 stuff, please contact me via PM, email or phone call and we will get you taken care of or point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Special~K said:
Yes, we have a limited supply of a few random Gen3 parts, which are being cleared out now to make room for the Gen3 stuff. If Im not mistaken, he was offered a set of Gen3 wheels, but didnt want them. He would rather a set of the new 7000 series billet hubs/wheels that will be on the Gen4 (which I dont blame him ;)...but unfortunately we dont have those in stock yet. Once the Gen4 stuff is ready, Medina will be moving forward with a parts department of their own (yes, at the good ol Medina prices) that will satisfy any of their customer needs from Gen4 forward ;). In the meantime....should anyone need Gen3 stuff, please contact me via PM, email or phone call and we will get you taken care of or point you in the right direction.
cool cool , now take care of that knee

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hola !!!

Here's a Labor Day update for everyone...

John & I took the summer off while we had the Gen #3 bike re-worked into the Gen. #4 proto-type you saw earlier this summer.

When the new chinese linkage roller and zonger motors come in... we will update the PM board with production pics.

Between now and then... I am concentrating on riding my Kawi-450.

We are quite excited about this 12" linkage mini for 2011 and the extreme value it will bring for the working man (folks who ride < $1500 mini's).

Hope you all have a great Labor Day Holiday!

bob

We still have parts for Gen. #1 -3.

I took the summer off for personal matters... no other comments are needed.

All parts requests were dealt with timely (during this summer). We accepted ZERO deposits for any new orders and took the time we needed to finish this job correctly.

Why someone would want to bash a low cost supplier in a recession is beyond me... It is just funny.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Special~K said:
Ok princess :lmao: did it ever occur to you that it is totally irrelevant what those welds look like??? Do you think Im actually gonna weld 60 of these bikes up like this before they sell? NO. It doesn't matter if it is held together with bubble gum and duct tape as long as China gets the picture and can make the necessary adjustments. And Im sorry, the company that Medina goes through unfortunately is fresh out of harbor freights and mig welders. As for the the linkage reinforcements they ARE Tig welded on this bike, but the entire tab will be one piece, (thicker) on the production bike. :fing02: It amazes me to think that there are douche bags like you that search out threads just to start trouble. I bet your eventually gonna turn into one of those old bags that sit on the front porch all day calling the cops on any skate boarder, bmx'er , or motorcyclist that has too loud of pipes on their bikes. Stop hating bro....if you don't like what we are doing, you are encouraged to go to another vendor. We dont want/need you.....k? My mods have worked just fine for testing purposes and have held up through some 60-70ft + landings. (See video if you dont believe). Im sorry we haven't updated this thread lately, but its like I said. We are tired of talking, and would rather produce before saying anything more. I personally just had ACL reconstruction and have been layed up for over a week now. I thank you sir, I woke up hurting this morning...and you pointless, tasteless, douchebag like comment has taken my mind off the pain. Thank you!

P.s. If you look through the paper that you got your harbor freight price quote from....you'll see Winn-Dixi has a special on hater-aid this week...might wanna stock up! :squintfinger: Your comments and opinions are encouraged...but you dont have to be a dick. All I claimed to do was make the bike except crf70 plastics and reinforce the lnkage mounts.....I never said I was re-engineering the whole bike.

Forgive me if I am a little irate miniguy....Im dealing with a lot of pain right now. No need for a comment like that...we are just trying to make something that is good even better. And when you spend your own personal time/money on something and your bashed for it...kinda hits a nerve....you know?

Testy testy

I dealt with China on a regular basis for many years. China build junk using pictures for reference. They never get it right unless you have a company Gestapo sitting in there production line making sure everything is done as ordered. No ifs ands or buts unless it is already made.

I was just answering back to you guys. So if you cant take the heat get out the kitchen.

As far as your injury suck it up young buck ACL surgery is nothing compared to femur brakes and broken ankles. Its a when will it happen not if if your racing/riding dirt bikes or road racing. I have enough hardware to make detectors go off in airports and it takes a lot.

just curios 60 bikes lol it humors me when people give out info by accident but 60 bikes is not financially worth the risk with pit bikes. Especially when I see how many people are sticking the hand in the pot.

Unless your doing it to just get a free bike ;)

PS welcome to 2010 its all about made in the USA

China ended last decade

·
Registered
235 Posts
MedinaMiniSX said:
Hola !!!

John & I took the summer off while we had the Gen #3 bike re-worked into the Gen. #4 proto-type you saw earlier this summer.

When the new chinese linkage roller and zonger motors come in... we will update the PM board with production pics.

We are quite excited about this 12" linkage mini for 2011 and the extreme value it will bring for the working man.

bob

Bob

Just curios?

What does the "working men" of Medina do for a living when not occasionally selling pitbikes on PM?

·
Registered
387 Posts
MedinaMiniSX said:
Hola !!!

We are quite excited about this 12" linkage mini for 2011 and the extreme value it will bring for the working man (folks who ride < $1500 mini's).

bob

We still have parts for Gen. #1 -3.

I took the summer off for personal matters... no other comments are needed.

All parts requests were dealt with timely (during this summer). We accepted ZERO deposits for any new orders and took the time we needed to finish this job correctly.

Why someone would want to bash a low cost supplier in a recession is beyond me... It is just funny.

Bob or John,

I still need my money,refund me guys!!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
SIM207 said:
Bob or John,

What's up with that ^ I see that Simon has been asking for a refund that has apparently been due to him for almost 5 months

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
SIM207 said:
Bob or John,

redirt78 said:
What's up with that ^ I see that Simon has been asking for a refund that has apparently been due to him for almost 5 months

WTF has this to do with the new model....??? :rolleyes:... Doesen´t email function anymore??..or the good old telephone ??

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I have been quite busy to say the least (non-mini related) and only logged on here to inform the public that my alterations are complete on the gen 4 frame and it will be leaving Vegas for China shortly.

All of my mounts were drawn in cad then laser cut and custom made from "new" material (just like all of "my" work). The only piece that was "used" was the frame itself. I will snap some pics this evening and post them for all of you to examine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
LasVegasStreetterror said:
I have been quite busy to say the least (non-mini related) and only logged on here to inform the public that my alterations are complete on the gen 4 frame and it will be leaving Vegas for China shortly.

All of my mounts were drawn in cad then laser cut and custom made from "new" material (just like all of "my" work). The only piece that was "used" was the frame itself. I will snap some pics this evening and post them for all of you to examine.

Thought, the frame was shipped to China like 3 weeks ago.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts