PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to get a xr/crf 50 and i plan on ordering an aftermarket suspension setup at the same time. i am about 6'2'' 175lbs and i plan on doing alot of jumping. my question is what swingarm/rear shock combo will give me the best dampening and strength wile still lifting the bike off the ground so i can ride it. the same question about forks. would mx or bmx style bars give me more heighth? would i need an aftermarket frame or should the stock one be ok?

thanks

·
1,973 Posts
you are going to be jumping so...

+1 chromo frame for sure.

Bar kit for sure.

step up and get good forks, swingarm, shock... not just heavy springs and chromo legs... it is just no good. suspension will open a can of worms here... everyone has an opinion...

this thread will turn into an argument over forks... I see it now. If you have a chance to ride some bikes with different setups, choose for yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know i dont want mtn bike forks. i mtn bike and i really dont think they would be as durrable because they are ment for 20 to 30 lb bikes at most. i want forks that will suport my weight well, have alot of travel and wont brake. i would just like your opinions here on dif variety of forks

·
Registered
410 Posts
playgrndpimp said:
i know i dont want mtn bike forks. i mtn bike and i really dont think they would be as durrable because they are ment for 20 to 30 lb bikes at most. i want forks that will suport my weight well, have alot of travel and wont brake. i would just like your opinions here on dif variety of forks

who sales Mtn. bike forks?

·
1,973 Posts
haha... almost all of them are mtn bike forks... except the xr70 style and Fast50s.

Bombshell - mtn bike

Hannebrink - mtn bike

Stavron - mtn bike

...and that is all that I could think of at this point.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Here would be probably the best combo. BBR SP5 front end, comes with bars and all. LE ishock with a Five-0 or any other 2+" swingarm of your choice. And also any +1" Chromeoly frame of your choice. This would be the perfect setup for what your planning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the bbr forkw with bars and a five-0 frame with the five-0 swingarm and a regular ishock with the 250lb spring. It works great for me. I think my spring needs to be about 350 lb one, cause teh 250lb one sags a little bit with the extra length added to the swingarm

·
Registered
755 Posts
IMO the best setup is the limited i shock and bombshells they both give you 6in of travel and will work very well together the downfall of the bombshells is def the price though

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I would have to disagree with the bombshells, if you could afford it the better forks to get would have to be the Stavrons, they are super sweet. But you just cant beat the BBR's for the $$.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If you think about it bombshells arn't that pricey for what they include :lol: the hub and disk brake set-up is probally around 300 bones so thats about how much the bbr-sp5 would cost you...ok ok maybe a lil more lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.