PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5yo son rides a trr50 and he is unable to shift the bike so......at the track I put the bike In 3rd gear because he over rides second gear......only problem is that if there is a big jump directly out of a turn the bike has a hard time climbing the hil.. also if there is a tight turn the bike takes a while to get up go when exiting. The bike is completely stock and I’m thinking of going up 2 teeth on the rear or go down one tooth on the front sproket.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....however I don’t want to loose to much top end

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
The front sprockets are easier to experiment with, changes only take a few minutes. They are also cheaper. I would try a larger sprocket on the front and keep the bike in second gear (mostly because there is usually a small12 or 13T gear there, and 12 is as small as you can go.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for that input.... I do have a 13t for the front sprocket.... would you still go up with a14t and run the bike in second or would you go down to a 12t and still run the bike in third..... or is there a true fix to make this bike easy to shift and I can just keep the same sprocket... thanks again for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts