PlanetMinis Forums banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Basically I would stick to TB parts 100% on my builds
That way you know Mike will back you up if anything ever did happen to go wrong
also
You really don’t need that crank , The Tb 114cc V2 will smoke a 124SE , and I have ridden both
Without a Dynojet report,graphs,and sniffer, that hold no water here anymore!Even if you raced one and have Video proof, it dont count.

· Registered
20 Posts
You want to get technical and say only a Dynojet will do and dyno's vary so much, rarara so do the bikes. On the track is where it counts for me, and I would say a video would be pretty good proof. Sex tapes get people in trouble all the time.:D As for comparing the engines the only real way to do that from what I can see is a bench dyno, or swap the motor to be tested into the bike that the comparrison engine was tested in, then you could argue coditions (air temp etc) had changed in the time it took to do the swap. So if one beat the other on the track and you have it on video, I'll believe you.

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Well in my opinion. Flow benches and dynos don't go around race tracks. I have a friend that has a dragster that changed a cam to a different firing order. Same specs though. On the dyno it was tested before and after and had exactly the same numbers. But on the track it went almost a full tenth quicker! The swap was made only to make the crank last longer. Yes on some engines it makes a difference. But some will disagree with this whole statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet Minis

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
You want to get technical and say only a Dynojet will do and dyno's vary so much, rarara so do the bikes. On the track is where it counts for me, and I would say a video would be pretty good proof. Sex tapes get people in trouble all the time.:D As for comparing the engines the only real way to do that from what I can see is a bench dyno, or swap the motor to be tested into the bike that the comparrison engine was tested in, then you could argue coditions (air temp etc) had changed in the time it took to do the swap. So if one beat the other on the track and you have it on video, I'll believe you.
Thank you very much for your input !

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
We will Post as soon as the 54mm Honda Piston and the oil cooler plate is ready , We are in contact with the manufacturer and on PM daily.
So the rear question is , do you have this kit on your bike and if so post pics and info please

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Here it is

hi all ,,new member here , from south tassie australia ..
i got one of these kits a few weeks ago , and bolted it to a j1 block
motors stats are ,,
the v2 roller rocker head ,
88 barrel with the stroker crank to take it to 108 cc
pe24 carb ,," sitting on an asia concepts manifold at the moment ,, tbw0433 on the way .
ahp 4 speed conversion
manual tb clutch conversion
tb billet clutch basket
12v cdi kit

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Customer Feedback:

This is david w
We got that roller kit on the trx90, got it tuned in and geared.
Let me tell you..THIS THING IS FAST...DOIN 2nd gear wheelies now!
It would barely spin the tires before,its a pretty unbelievable power difference!
IM WORKIN ON A VIDEO...
BUT i just wanted to say thanks again...and ill get you a link when i post to youtube..

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Customer Feedback:

This is david w
We got that roller kit on the trx90, got it tuned in and geared.
Let me tell you..THIS THING IS FAST...DOIN 2nd gear wheelies now!
It would barely spin the tires before,its a pretty unbelievable power difference!
IM WORKIN ON A VIDEO...
BUT i just wanted to say thanks again...and ill get you a link when i post to youtube..
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
We have all the 54mm pistons ON LINE & the V2 oil plates (BILLET not Cast like the +R )
as well as billet V2 bling covers in Red & Black in stock now
Just need to upload the 117cc kits and covers

· Registered
8,957 Posts
Well in my opinion. Flow benches and dynos don't go around race tracks. I have a friend that has a dragster that changed a cam to a different firing order. Same specs though. On the dyno it was tested before and after and had exactly the same numbers. But on the track it went almost a full tenth quicker! The swap was made only to make the crank last longer. Yes on some engines it makes a difference. But some will disagree with this whole statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet Minis
Your example is flawed. Both motors did in fact put out the same HP, as the dyno correctly reported. The reason why one configuration went down the strip faster than the other is because the car is traction limited in that scenario. The altered output pattern was 'lumpier' which gave the tire a moments rest between pulses, that recovery time actually makes a difference in it's ability to stay hooked up. This is why you're seeing motorcycle mfgs like Yamaha returning to 'lumpier' motors setups like the cross plane R1. To make the cross plane motor Yamaha had to ADD weight and parasitic power losses in the form of a counter-balancer that a normal flat plane inline 4 doesn't need. It doesn't make any more power, but it does allow a good rider to make more use of it at the extreme edges of traction.

Our minis already put out nice lumpy power, and aren't tire limited on pavement (lumpy output traction gains don't translate to knobbies in dirt) so the motor making the most area under the curve on a dyno in a pitbike is going to be the quicker one on the track as well.

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Interesting Observation Josh
But I would not discount Daves input overall as he not only has experience with Car drag racing , Builds race cars and exotics for a high end shop , he has been tuning bikes since the 70s as well.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.