PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: TboltUsa Pitster / Gpx front end kit

dude, you aren't the only one. my brother bought a front end from pitsterpro and the frist shippment came with two boxes as well, but was missing many bolts, bolts that don't fit, missing axle bolt, wrong front rotor (got the rear rotor instead) and much more. i felt it was a terrible issue, but my bro didn't mind it, but i know if i bought it, i'd be all pissy and crap. but he e-mailed and spoke to guys from pitster and they helped him out, but it wasn't for a month or so until he actually had all the parts that was SUPPOSED to be there already. (yes, he was being waaaaayyy too patient)

he didn't have to pay anything extra for the wrong parts like the rotor and stuff, but still. terrible package... well i mean terrible packaging, the forks were actually pretty good in my opinion.

i wouldn't dirrectly blame tbolt just yet, it's those chinese parts! never correct i tell you. lol, but good luck with your front end, but keep letting the tbolt guys know and you'll EVENTUALLY get everything you'll need.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

jmini said:
dude, you aren't the only one. my brother bought a front end from pitsterpro and the frist shippment came with two boxes as well, but was missing many bolts, bolts that don't fit, missing axle bolt, wrong front rotor (got the rear rotor instead) and much more. i felt it was a terrible issue, but my bro didn't mind it, but i know if i bought it, i'd be all pissy and crap. but he e-mailed and spoke to guys from pitster and they helped him out, but it wasn't for a month or so until he actually had all the parts that was SUPPOSED to be there already. (yes, he was being waaaaayyy too patient)

he didn't have to pay anything extra for the wrong parts like the rotor and stuff, but still. terrible package... well i mean terrible packaging, the forks were actually pretty good in my opinion.

i wouldn't dirrectly blame tbolt just yet, it's those chinese parts! never correct i tell you. lol, but good luck with your front end, but keep letting the tbolt guys know and you'll EVENTUALLY get everything you'll need.

Yea i mean im not bashing Tbolt in any way, i was just curious as to other peoples dealings with these front ends.

But he did just email me back, and asked me not to bash him on PM... But his answer was pretty much that its just china parts and that anything that is china made that isn't a whole bike complete is missing parts.

But still it seems as i was supposed to just deal with what i received and make do. Not too cool in my book. But i mean if i was a business selling china parts or any parts , i would have a check list and double check it as im packing the parts for a kit. I know it would be wise thing to do, save money in shipping missing parts and keeping everyone happy and getting everything right the first time. Its not like the parts came from china to my house... it came from his business and he packed them up to send out to me atleast make a list and check it twice.

·
Registered
235 Posts

I had all of the same problems with my front end kit. I bought mine from NCC. Im not blaming or saying anything bad about NCC because they came through for me. But they are all getting there parts from pitster direct, These company's who are selling the parts from pitster are assuming everything is included as stated on the site but as we all have seen,This is not the case with this front end. I was missing all of the bolts and wheel spacers and just little other things that did not work right, pretty much everything mentioned in the first post. It was a nightmare! But NCC made it right for me by dealing with pitster and getting me the parts. It will work out and once put together they are great forks! Just change the fork oil

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Tommy41 said:
I had all of the same problems with my front end kit. I bought mine from NCC. Im not blaming or saying anything bad about NCC because they came through for me. But they are all getting there parts from pitster direct, These company's who are selling the parts from pitster are assuming everything is included as stated on the site but as we all have seen,This is not the case with this front end. I was missing all of the bolts and wheel spacers and just little other things that did not work right, pretty much everything mentioned in the first post. It was a nightmare! But NCC made it right for me by dealing with pitster and getting me the parts. It will work out and once put together they are great forks! Just change the fork oil

Yea im waiting on my bearing from NCC , but what weight fork oil did you go to and what do you weigh?? also what kind of riding are you doing? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

T bolt will get it all worked out for you..he is a straight shooter... We are also working on making changes so that the "kits" come more complete.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Dont forget the tappered bearings that were no where close to being able to fit. Seems to me that if they are known not to be a direct bolt on and there are issues with parts, bolts etc. then it should be mentioned on the website before someone purchases the kit.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

try ordering two complete bikes.. getting them, missing half the bolts, chipped wheels still in the crate, stripped bolts, scratched forks, no wheel spacers, bent front brake rotor, and caliper mount.. had to peice together one bike from 2 just to go ride one that day.. worst experience ive ever had with new bikes.. not to mention the engines blew first time i rode them... i do have to say pitster hooked everything up after this all happened. i just think they should pay attention to their product more before shipping to customers

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts

Hold the PHONE GUYS!!!

First off, this kit DID NOT come from Pitster Pro!! We WILL and DO take care of ALL the parts we sale.

Our Kits come COMPLETE with everything you need, If we do make a simple mistake on shipping, WE WILL get you the right stuff.

That said, I am sure Tbolt will take care of you!

·
Registered
57 Posts

none taken to the pitster, NCC, tbolt, or anyone business, i know you guys take care of your customers and thank you guys for that. i'll just go ahead and say it's those chinese parts that everyone is having problems with.

It seems that the first wave of parts to the customers are gonna be wrong, no matter what. but then it is the companies that sell the parts that fix the problem for us. i guess in a way they're doing us an extra service by fixing things and getting us the right parts. getting bad shipping or missing parts aren't the companies fault, they give you what they get from china, and then whatever is missing, they'll hook you up.

for everyone buying these parts should just expect missing parts, just because they're chinese bikes, but whoever you buy it from will most definitely fix everything for you the quickest they can.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts

With some patience and modifications these kits are great on a KLX110. It just takes some patience and a bit of work, but compared to the price of zochs, it'd be worth it, no?

From what I have seen, TBolt is a good dealer. I have never personally bought anything from him but know some who have and know he has a good reputation and sells good products.

·
Registered
833 Posts

Tbolt will take care of you. I know him personally and see him all the time. He does a high volume of parts but he cares about every sale....I know because I've witnessed him spend half a day on the phone with a customer when we were out at the track intending to have fun riding....instead I saw tbolt (vince) explain (in the greatest detail) how to troubleshoot an engine problem that was caused by the customer while we were doing laps.

He'll get it straight with you. His supplier probably made the mistakes....I'm sure Vince will get on them.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

Glad I didnt order stuff from that company & I buy online 24/7. I always order as much as i can from XR50.com Jason

gets u ur order/product in 2 days.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts