PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to report that I installed my first ever 88cc TB engine kit, Takegawa heavy duty clutch and HV oil pump.

I did have the carb cable issue with being too short but I just used the BBR cable and cut the tube off at the bend on the carb side, heated up the cut off piece to melt the plastic in side the tube and slid the cable and end right through it. It works great..

I did not have the tool to adjust the valve clearance so I adjusted it by eye, they seem a little loose but for break in I will leave it as I am not reving the engine too high. I will get the tool today..

My impresion of the kit is it's damn good for the $$ and makes plenty of power(more that I can use). Once the bike is broken in, I have my CDI and the valves are adjusted I am sure I will have even more power I cant use.

Oh ya I love the sound it makes flowing through the BBR exhaust..

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like my TB 88 kit w/o race head. Install was easy enough, except for the throttle cable issue. Good power for what I want. I do have a very slight ticking noise from my engine now ( like jetster had), but I've double checked everything and all's good. I'm getting used to it, though. Mike at TB said he would warranty it if something happened, but everything is holding up great. I too went with the HV oil pump and the Takegawa HD clutch assembly. Kudos to TB for offering a good, economical kit. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have that little tic as well and have been looking into what it could be, so far I have come up with it is probably valve train noise caused by a cam that is not matched to the springs and retainers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Koredova said:
Mudphish, what tool are you referring to for checking the valve clearance? Where do you get it?
Well if you are checking valve to piston clearance you would use clay. If you are checking the valve lash you would use a comon feeler guage. The ticking could be the spring binding up a little because of the lift and duration of the bigger cam shaft. The cure would be to get a set of springs that are matched and rated for that and simular cams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.