PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know why NOBODY offering the cam would bother giving the specs. It's basicly a stocker! Shame I had to buy one to find out, but the POS is going back. The ad states NTN bearings, which would be great if they used bearings at all. Look elsewhere for a cam.

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
we dont say ntn

we know the xr100 heads dont have bearings ,,,thats usually the problem the oil gets low an wipes out the head

and hows the duration ?

most custom performance cams for use across the board to the public use additional duration to increase performance and not create valve clearence issues

did you actually have both stock and tb degreed ? or just use a caliper

we can get your stocker re-ground at crowerpower if your just after increased lift

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct, you do not list it as having NTN bearings. That's why I left names out of the thread. A couple vendors including TB do list it that way though. I requested info from several.

But as long as you brought it up... Here's the description from your six or so eBay ads for the XR100 big bore kit:

"THIS SALE IS FOR THE XR100 BIG BORE 125 KIT

KIT INCLUDES 57MM HIGH COMPRESSION PISTON KIT ,GASKET SET ,CYLINDER AND RACE CAM

DROPS RIGH ONTO XR100 ENGINES FOR A BIG BOOST IN PERFORMANCE

CAN BE USED ON XR80 BUT REQUIRES CASE BORING"

Anyone else think it sounds like this is 125cc instead of the actual 114.8cc?

I also told you over a month ago that it will not work on an 80. No way, no how, for a fact. Different oil hole location, pin size, deck height, pin height, cam chain length, etc.

For specs, I'll make you an offer comparable to yours to me. Send me $60 and I'll send back $40 along with the specs.

No real need for a middle man on a regrind, is there?

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
sorry

didnt have time to fix all the ebay listings

and i was offering to get the xr100 cam ground at crowerpower for my dealer cost

i was just trying to help you if i can with your project

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Thay sucks about the cam. I am not sure if you were the one but I warned somebody that they arent worth the $$. So far the xr100 and klx110 cams have been proven a waste to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.