PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tendency to over rev my bike and have gone through 3 YX heads in the process. I just bought a V2 and i want it to be bullet proof. Are there stiff valve springs for the V2 head, I dont want anymore bent or not seating properly valves from valve float.

· Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
limiter doesnt tell much if you have a programable cdi you could set it at any rpm range. but im going to assume about 10g's? if thats the case get ready to fork over some $$ for a custom setup cause the stock valve train isnt going to take it on either head r or v2

Right now its just a stock GPX outer rotor kit. The other reason i think i blew my last stock head was because the track was just at that awful point where you don't want to shift form second to third because you will down shift in like 2 seconds, but you feel bad if you don't because your bike is crying a little haha. I need to mess with my sprockets so i have a taller gearing that doesn't work my bike so hard, I don't like it anyway.

I think now that i have a better quality head I will be okay

I also have TI retainers, will that help with anything at all or are those just "trick" parts

· Registered
3,189 Posts
Right now its just a stock GPX outer rotor kit. The other reason i think i blew my last stock head was because the track was just at that awful point where you don't want to shift form second to third because you will down shift in like 2 seconds, but you feel bad if you don't because your bike is crying a little haha. I need to mess with my sprockets so i have a taller gearing that doesn't work my bike so hard, I don't like it anyway.

I think now that i have a better quality head I will be okay

I also have TI retainers, will that help with anything at all or are those just "trick" parts

v2 head is a better quality head but will fail also if your floating it. ti retainers do help. any time you can reduce the valve train weight its a good thing. not to mention the ti retainer is stronger than the steel version

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.