PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just recently got my new TB race head and the new high performance cam installed about a hour ago. (BTW I am running a tb88 and a two bros pipe ) I threw in a 95 jet ( i live in ohio and its between 40-60F ) Not sure if this jet was too much because the problem i'm having is, in first gear it seems as if its falling on its face, kind of bogging out 1/4 or 1/2 way threw the gear. Also idle chopping the throttle stalls it. I've never road a race head engine so i'm not sure if i was supposed to lose a lot of bottom end torque? Please enlighten me on some things i should do to get it running just right. Thanks. If you need to know anymore about the install or whats going on, just post some questions and i'll do my best to anwser. Thanks again guys, i know you can help me out ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i took it for a spin around the block. I'm getting a lot of "breaking up" in all gears. I took the plug out and its running brown? I dont get it. 95 jet and the clip is one down from the top. What is wrong?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my question is. ( btw i'm not very good at this tuning stuff yet lol bear with me ) If my plug is brownish right now with the 95 jet in it...wouldnt going down lean it WAY out?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Running the 20mm carb, correct? The jet that comes installed in the carb will be pretty close. How does it run with the jet that came installed in the carb?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
z88R said:
Running the 20mm carb, correct? The jet that comes installed in the carb will be pretty close. How does it run with the jet that came installed in the carb?
Yes 20mm carb. The only jet i have tried with this race head is the 95 jet. But when i just had the TB88 ( 275$ kit ) and the two bros pipe the thing backfired like a ak47 with the jet that came with it on up threw the 92 jet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same setup on my bike and I have a 85 main in it with the clip in the mid position. With this jet, the bike runs strong across the powerband without being too lean. If I were you, I would try going down a couple of sizes (like an 85 or an 87) and see how that works for you.

Dano

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dano do you also have a Two bros exhaust?

Heres what i did tonight with the 95 jet in it, and put the clip one up from bottom. Plug was light brownish. So i dropped it to a 92 main jet, plug same color not much of a difference. Should i keep going down or what. Because if its already like the perfect color but isnt running up to par.....then why keep going down. Wouldnt it be leaned out too much or can that be adjusted by fule and air.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
- How's the cam timing ?

- How's the valve adjustment ?

- All wire connections and gorunds are clean ( no corrosion ) and fit snugly together ?

- Is the coil wire fitted tightly into the coil and spark plug cap .

- When it bogs and or back fires if you apply some choke to it , will it run better , same or worse ?

- You mentioned it was back firing before you put the head on , what part or parts did you install right before it started with the back fire problem ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didnt backfire until i put the two bros pipe on and some cam 2 gas in it. It backfired, rode the race gas out of it, put the race head on, no backfire anymore but runny crappy. Installed race head with 95 jet, never dropped it below 92 yet, but the plugs getting a light color, doesnt feel like its at its top potential yet though.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
- My bike would pop then stall going into corners on the tight switch back track that I have and it also wouldn't really idle so great until I added extra back pressure to my pipe . Then it ran great . On the bigger tracks it ran great with out extra back pressure .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.