PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to install the race cam, are there any special tools? is the install of the cam on the stock head about the same as the e22 head. thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Not hard at all. The only real special tools you should need would be a feeler guage to adjust your valve gap to .002".

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Are you putting the"Race Cam" in a completly stock bike..? could make the bike not preform at all..?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
It should help the bike some, any time you can get more fuel and air in its a good thing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i got a cam and put it on a stock motor with a unit and it didnt do anything i dont think so i put the stock one back in but that wasnt the TB Cam but you can always change it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will be putting the tb cam in a e22 head with tak heavy duty vavle springs after some sik head work(machining bigger intake and xhust ports and custom vavle and port job) with a xr70 tb 88cc kit for the domed pistom with a 22mm carb and intake. i think it will run pretty decent. any one know the sizes of the tb intake and xhust ports.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Oh yah,

you will notice a big difference with that setup installed. I thought you might have just put the cam into a stock head.

Later................OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
SiKfIdDy said:
i will be putting the tb cam in a e22 head with tak heavy duty vavle springs after some sik head work(machining bigger intake and xhust ports and custom vavle and port job) with a xr70 tb 88cc kit for the domed pistom with a 22mm carb and intake. i think it will run pretty decent. any one know the sizes of the tb intake and xhust ports.
22mm intake, 20mm exhaust

Vavles are 25mm intake, and 23mm exhaust I beleive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.